Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This should be fun and easy.

Make what you will of one of these three frames from the Macworld keynote speech.

Photoshop Thread Rules

Attachments

• jobs1.jpg
    jobs1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,607
  • jobs2.jpg
    jobs2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,564
  • jobs3.jpg
    jobs3.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 269

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
You really wouldn't want me to whip out my Photoshop "skills" on these images, or any others for that matter :rolleyes:

First time I've seen the box for the mini, since I haven't had a chance to view the keynote yet. Heck, Apple's boxes look better than Dell PC's!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
The bottom 2 are not linking/opening properly as the full-res versions.

The top one is, though.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
My guestimated time until the one with the mini itself is transformed into Steve holding Balmer's head: approximately 30 minutes.

** waits, check link often **

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
maya said:
That box looks like the GameCube box with the handle. :)

Funny. Reading your post made me realize I paid $300 for my PS2, and waited in line overnight for the privilege to boot. That mini is a sweet deal.
Back on topic, anyone think that last pick would be perfect if Steve was holding Ballmer's head?

EDIT - Which one of us should be most disturbed by the fact that we had the same initial reaction/idea?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
powermac666 said:
EDIT - Which one of us should be most disturbed by the fact that we had the same initial reaction/idea?
Well, given that virtually every Photoshop contest has Balmer in it somewhere - usually right off the bat - it wasn't too much of a stretch to come up with that idea. :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Blue Velvet said:
The bottom 2 are not linking/opening properly as the full-res versions.

The top one is, though.
That's because those ones are actual size as you see them above. They are small frames off the keynote webcast.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I think the second image should be of Steve holding his recently purchased piece of Virgin Mary grilled cheese off of eBay.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
jsw said:
My guestimated time until the one with the mini itself is transformed into Steve holding Balmer's head: approximately 30 minutes.

** waits, check link often **
At least with Steve's wardrobe, cloning out areas of his shirt is pretty simple.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
emw said:
I think the second image should be of Steve holding his recently purchased piece of Virgin Mary grilled cheese off of eBay.
I think ThinkSecret's Nick Ciarelli would like it to show, ala "The Grinch", an X-Ray of Steve's tiny heart.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Having downloaded and viewed jobs1.jpg a little more closely, it actually appears the he is doing the Vulcan mind meld on the mini... Hmmm.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
emw said:
Having downloaded and viewed jobs1.jpg a little more closely, it actually appears the he is doing the Vulcan mind meld on the mini... Hmmm.

"Yes, Captain. It is a Mac mini, logically developed and aimed at luring potential switchers to the more elegant Macintosh OS X, predecessor of our ship's operating system."

I'm sure someone out there has a Trek outfit they can slap on Steve. Finding an image of Ballmer which makes him appear to have a mind....that'll be the hard part. :)

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I did this in about 5 minutes because I have to head to class now, but hopefully tonight I will be able to do a decent rendition if I have some free time and a higher resolution picture.

Anyway, there was one more thing that Steve didn't announce until the end...

The iPurse

Attachments

• jobs2ps.jpg
    jobs2ps.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,509

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Steve shows off the purchase he made after selling off some of his options...

Attachments

• emw_jobs1.jpg
    emw_jobs1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,502
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.