Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rewind

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
actually found a solution to those that cant load the pokemon soul silver after you create your character. Follow these steps :) Respects to Aypolo for this.

. Open your game in no$gba emulator normally.

2. Click the "Utility" drop-down and select "Cheats" from that menu.

3. Select the "Add New" button in the bottom left corner on the new window that has popped up.

4. Copy and paste the following code into the text area of the cheat window.

020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

5. Before click okay, be sure that "Action Replay DS" is checked at the bottom of the window, and "RAW" is checkmarked underneath the okay and cancel buttons. Once you are sure of the proper settings, click okay. The name of the code does not matter.

6. Double click the code title in the cheats window to enable it. To make sure it is enabled, look for a check mark next to it.

As long as this code is activated, you will not have any black screens while starting your game or loading a saved game. You can activate and deactiviate it whenever you want.

Nugstarr

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2011
Hey, great job with this emulator, it works way better than desmune!

I have a question about screen size? How do I make the screen size bigger? I've looked and messed around with the options but it doesn't change at all. When I make the window bigger (dragging the window from the bottom right), the window gets bigger but the screen size stays the same

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

Thanks again for a great emulator!

tobando

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
cant get past start page

hey, i downloaded the app and used a rom once. It worked totally fine. When I went back a second time it showed that my saved file was there, but when I clicked to start the game the screen went black. Is this a problem with app or the rom?

wantfastcars

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
Hey thanks to the OP for this wonderful app. I can finally play a 4th gen Pokemon game! But... I can't load savestates. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that "Save Snapshot" is the equivalent of a Save State (I get a .sna file), but whenever I try to "Load Snapshot" I get a fatal error and No$GBA crashes. Something about the Rom Image crashing. I am trying to run Platinum Enhanced v1.5 on Mac OS 10.6.6. Help?

EDIT: Never mind. I totally missed the obvious "Save from within the game option." Got a save up and going just fine. I've also got White Version running, but on a different emulator. No$GBA gave me an error about the data being corrupt, and that I had to reinsert the DS card. Obviously that wasn't happening. Anyone know how to fix that? Is it ROM specific? I like No$GBA more than Desmume...

Last edited:

Ryncewynd

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks Isair (and rewind)! I can finally play SoulSilver! My black can't get passed the blue screen though. Can't find any AR codes either. Help?

And it saves in .SAV! You're a beautiful person. Thank you.

xx.argent.xx

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
Opening menu?

I can easily download it but when I open the application, no menu pops up and I can't choose a rom.

weav2489

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
i downloaded no$gba for my mac and when i try to open it, it gives me this message

"you cannot use the application 'NoCashGBA' with this version of Mac OS X

i have version 10.4.11

is that the problem? is there a way to fix this?
sorry, i'm not to good with this kind of stuff.

machelper90

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
paste Ar

hey guy how to paste ar codes on to your games on emulators

press alt+cmd and click on the top box and the code should be there

Elbe

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
i am able to start and play games , but i am not able to load any states.

there are 2 scenarios that are happening:
the upper screen is black the lower is blue-ish
the upper screen turns wierdly with pixel-defunctions and the lower is blue-ish

but just nothing happens,

any ideas?

Elbe

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
you can just right click and save state, but for me the loading doesn't work properly.

CRAIZEprince

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2010
Fantastic emulator !! Just one question: how do i change the size of the screens because playing on a big screen is kind of straying my eyes :D

NDK777

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Help

I'd like to be able to do all this, but I am a noob. Can somebody please give me a list of detailed instructions on how to use no$gba on mac? I'd like to try out Pokemon Black & White. Thank you.

Hammer4711

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
help please: whenever i try to play Pokemon Black, it tells me the the save data cannot be accessed, what can i do to get it working?

Elbe

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
u need to use a code (try google please :))

cheats -> add new -> copy paste the code (Action Replay DS + RAW) -> click OK

activate the cheat by double clicking the little box behind the icon of Replay Action

Reset Cartridge

but it's still pretty much useless because you can't load states ;)

ManWithFreedom

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
Blue screen

For some reason when i open it and i choose my rom it just goes to a light blue screen like the one u get just before ur game loads. it just stays there and it is really frustrating ive tried all ur builds and deleted in and redownloadit it and tried it with super scribblenauts and pokemon dungeon and even a random game ( i think its garfield) but the same thing always happens can you PLEASE HALP!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

jumbojetryan

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2011
save transfer

hi i used to play pokemon on DeSmuMe and now when i tried playing my already saved game of No$GBA it wouldn't play and it said to re-inset the game cartridge and turn the system off and on, i tried resetting the cartridge but that doesn't do anything. if you could help me that would be great
thank you

grandpaJ

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
Pokemon white error

Im running the emulaton and i cannot pause the game. i checked the controls and the pause button is "enter" i tried it with varous buttons but the pause menu wont come up. halp

Last edited:

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
1st of all, you're freaking amazing dude.

2nd, i've been using this fine but suddenly one day i opened the app and my game started lagging like mad it was running at 90%, anyway to fix this?

hildey

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
hey, so thanks for the awesome application first of all. Unfortunately I'm having the same problem as futboleddy. I believe it started when i upgraded my osx to 10.6.7. Before I upgraded it worked fine (other than rather frequent crashes in some games). However, since I upgraded (I can't be entirely sure since I didn't use the app for several days surrounding the time I upgraded) whenever I open the app I cannot keep the app 'active' as whenever i click on it it automatically unactivates the window and I can thus not actually use the game. I tried what you recommended to futboleddy (deleting the NO$GBS.INP file but this did nothing to help). Any ideas would be appreciated and thanks again for going to the effort to make this app!

eccostello8

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2011
Crash Problem

When I try to play pokemon platinum the game freezes and then everytime I try to restart it freezes quicker and quicker until I can't get past the main menu. Anything I can do to change this?

eccostello8

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2011
Microphone Wave Failure

^^^ a thing pops up every now and then and quits out of my game (it says FATAL) and i lose EVERYTHING... any possible way to save the game or avoid this?

thankkkkkkks

Isair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
San Francisco, California
^^^ a thing pops up every now and then and quits out of my game (it says FATAL) and i lose EVERYTHING... any possible way to save the game or avoid this?

thankkkkkkks

Does this happen only in a certain game or all games that you have?

hildey said:
hey, so thanks for the awesome application first of all. Unfortunately I'm having the same problem as futboleddy. I believe it started when i upgraded my osx to 10.6.7. Before I upgraded it worked fine (other than rather frequent crashes in some games). However, since I upgraded (I can't be entirely sure since I didn't use the app for several days surrounding the time I upgraded) whenever I open the app I cannot keep the app 'active' as whenever i click on it it automatically unactivates the window and I can thus not actually use the game. I tried what you recommended to futboleddy (deleting the NO$GBS.INP file but this did nothing to help). Any ideas would be appreciated and thanks again for going to the effort to make this app!

I am using 10.6.7 too and I never succeeded to recreate this issue. I suspect that it may be caused by an SIMBL plugin like megazoomer(this one doesn't cause any issues as far as I tested). Do you have SIMBL and any SIMBL plugins installed?

Reach9 said:
2nd, i've been using this fine but suddenly one day i opened the app and my game started lagging like mad it was running at 90%, anyway to fix this?

Do you still experience this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.