Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aeavery

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Woodland Hills, CA Target had 2 black and 1 white 64 gig 3G in stock this morning. I snagged one of the black ones.

tmansar2

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Target - Lynnwood, WA

Used the online system this morning to check, and they had in stock. Raced over and bought the last 2 black ones (32 wifi and 64 3G) - they had at least 8 various in white available with NO shoppers around (I was there 45 minutes after they opened)...

As I purchased I wondered how many people were lined up across the street at the Alderwood Apple store!! :eek:

aeavery

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Online system first, then called.

mo0620

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
lol ^ we must have posted these links at almost the same time, and we even used same wording "for your convenience"

Yebot

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
A Target store about 30 mins from me recently changed from 'out of stock' to 'limited availability.'

Whatever that means.

rozelida

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Using the links provided earlier, I was randomly checking the target stocks close to me. Of course all had listed out of stock until today around 11:00 when I checked and 2 stores listed the white 64GB wifi as "limited availablity". Was able to drive there and purchase without a wait.

Right before I purchased someone was on the phone asking about the exact DCPI #, and the salesperson had to inform them that it was just being sold now.

The link now states "out of stock" for this store. Based on this, I believe the links are accurate even if the salesperson does not know where to locate the inventory.

Good luck to all.

shawndoc

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
A Target store about 30 mins from me recently changed from 'out of stock' to 'limited availability.'

Whatever that means.

It means they either just got a truck in, or someone returned one.

Around here, the trucks are received overnight, so you wouldn't expect them to get any during the day. If at close it shows none in stock, and at open it shows limited availability, it should mean they received a shipment.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Using the links provided earlier, I was randomly checking the target stocks close to me. Of course all had listed out of stock until today around 11:00 when I checked and 2 stores listed the white 64GB wifi as "limited availablity". Was able to drive there and purchase without a wait.

Right before I purchased someone was on the phone asking about the exact DCPI #, and the salesperson had to inform them that it was just being sold now.

The link now states "out of stock" for this store. Based on this, I believe the links are accurate even if the salesperson does not know where to locate the inventory.

Good luck to all.
I see 2 stores as having stock. I'm almost afraid to call them and verify that they do in case they are telling people they are sold out. If I ask them to check and they realize they have stock they may sell it to someone else before I can get there after work.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
the only annoying thing is the repeated clicking. i wish there was something i could run in the background to check ever 15 minutes, although i'm doubting any hits for me today.

rozelida

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I see 2 stores as having stock. I'm almost afraid to call them and verify that they do in case they are telling people they are sold out. If I ask them to check and they realize they have stock they may sell it to someone else before I can get there after work.

My advice would be to not call and drive (if it is close by) before someone else does :)

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
Thanks for the links, these will come in handy. Wish Best Buy and Apple would have something like this. Would make things a whole lot easier.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
Thanks for the link and DCPI#!!!!
I was just able to locate an iPad2 at a relatively close Target store!!!
The inventory listed the 32GB WIFI Black in stock so I called to verify.
The guy said we just got 2 of the 32GB and 1 64GB WIFI White.

When I got there, all three were still in the case.

I am excited about walking out with my 32GB!!!

Thanks again to all!!!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.