Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wind06

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
Cannes - South of France
Hello,

I have a MacPro and iMac + Time Capsule, I copied all iTunes lib on TC, and so can share the iTunes lib in between the 2 macs without any problems.
I have a Denon Hifi that can access Music Server to play music.

But was not able to connect the Mac and Play music. I found a soft called Isedora, that makes my iTunes recognized by the Hifi. So the iTunes library
is visible on the Denon Hifi, which is great. This is working only when the MacPro and TC are Powered On.

What I would like, is to have is only the TC powerd on and be able to access the iTunes Lib from the Hifi.

Is this config possible with TC, under specific setup ?
is there a way to install some 3rd party prod on TC, like Isedora ?

Any information/help would be very much appreciated.

Wind06

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
Cannes - South of France
Hi,

I made the allowing setup which is working fine :)

- Music library copied on the Time Capsule
- Apple TV set as Media sever using XBMC which point to TC
- XBMC media server is recognized on the Denon Hifi

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Hey,

good thread idea

btw what type of audio do you have? apple lossless,acc,mp3...?

Can your denon access the itunes music library even if you skip the step with the apple tv? and finally which denon do you have?

sorry for the questions but i am just thinking of building something similar

cheers

Wind06

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
Cannes - South of France
btw what type of audio do you have? apple lossless,acc,mp3...?

Can your denon access the itunes music library even if you skip the step with the apple tv? and finally which denon do you have?

I'm using the iTunes library so I guess Apple :)
Yes you can access the iTunes library, but need to start a soft on your mac like iSedora or Vuze which will act as Media Server.
I never succeed to access the iTunes library from the Denon without having started such tool. Even if you select the option "share my lib" under iTunes.

The Denon that I have is RCD-N7 (CEOL) "French link :cool:"

http://denon.fr/fr/product/pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=360dfc32-befb-44d8-8789-70603e68610a&SubId=6d8bfdf2-67e6-410d-88c5-a86c3b6e74bb&ProductId=1216f4fd-2d9d-4cc3-9712-2662f39bd15c

An other alternative is to use AirPlay, which is working fine.

This was not the solution for me because, I wanted to avoid having the computer booted.

Hope it helps

CHSeifert

macrumors 6502
I'm using the iTunes library so I guess Apple :)
Yes you can access the iTunes library, but need to start a soft on your mac like iSedora or Vuze which will act as Media Server.
I never succeed to access the iTunes library from the Denon without having started such tool. Even if you select the option "share my lib" under iTunes.

The Denon that I have is RCD-N7 (CEOL) "French link :cool:"

http://denon.fr/fr/product/pages/Pr...roductId=1216f4fd-2d9d-4cc3-9712-2662f39bd15c

An other alternative is to use AirPlay, which is working fine.

This was not the solution for me because, I wanted to avoid having the computer booted.

Hope it helps

Would a combination of iPad, TimeCapsule and Denon 3311 surround receiver work so you didn't have to leave any of your Mac computers turned on while playing and accessing your iTunes music library and folders on the TimeCapsule ?

----
Vh/Regards
Claus - TapaTalk on my Ip4

Wind06

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
Cannes - South of France
Would a combination of iPad, TimeCapsule and Denon 3311 surround receiver work so you didn't have to leave any of your Mac computers turned on while playing and accessing your iTunes music library and folders on the TimeCapsule ?

Good question, but I don't have an iPad for the time being ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.