Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Hi,
I know we can open applications with keyboard shortcuts, but is there any way to program say: F1 to turn wifi on and F2 to off and F3 to turn BT on and F4 to turn it off.

THANKS

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Hi,
I know we can open applications with keyboard shortcuts, but is there any way to program say: F1 to turn wifi on and F2 to off and F3 to turn BT on and F4 to turn it off.

THANKS

I'll start this off by saying there is no way to do it using Mac OS that I know of, at least without getting complicated.
You probably have to find a 3rd party program to do it.
Is turning airport and bluetooth off in the finder menu too time consuming?

Last edited:

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
I'll start this off by saying there is no way to do it using Mac OS that I know of.
You probably have to find a 3rd party program to do it.
Is turning airport and bluetooth off in the finder menu too time consuming?

Thanks, but thats besides the point :) I just would like to know if it can be done. Anyone else?

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Thanks, but thats besides the point :) I just would like to know if it can be done. Anyone else?

Well, if you want to get technical you could write a script to do it, then put it in your dock, or set it to open at login or just launch it whenever you need it, or you could even set it as an iCal event to turn on and off at certain times.

Or, you could create a script, and then save it as an application using automator. Then, you can assign an application shortcut for the keyboard.
long and complicated, but it gets the job done...
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/8564.html

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Well, if you want to get technical you could write a script to do it, then put it in your dock, or set it to open at login or just launch it whenever you need it, or you could even set it as an iCal event to turn on and off at certain times.

Or, you could create a script, and then save it as an application using automator. Then, you can assign an application shortcut for the keyboard.
long and complicated, but it gets the job done...
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/8564.html

Ah yes I read about scripts online.. cbf... to do that hmm guess more googling:) Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.