Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimonJ

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Czech Republic
Provided you have an AirPrint compatible printer/an app/jailbroken your iPad, sure... there is no reason you shouldn't be able to print.

Set845

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Print N Share allows you to print to network and USB printers. You need to install a small free companion app on your computer for USB printers. For network printers Print N Share fools iOS 4.3 into thinking it is an AirPrint compatible printer and passes the print job to any printer it sees on the network. The nice thing about it is being how portable the iPad is, you can take it anywhere and print to any network printer. Not just AirPrint enabled printers. Print N Share needs to be running in the background first, then you can print from apps as well as email and Safari.

Last edited:

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Just download AirPrint for windows or Mac, don't bother paying for anything. Free software exists. I setup my brother 2170w last night, works great shared off a windows 7 box.

May 8, 2008
Just download AirPrint for windows or Mac, don't bother paying for anything. Free software exists. I setup my brother 2170w last night, works great shared off a windows 7 box.

This.

IMO, it's the best option out there if you don't feel like buying a compatible printer.

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can also print from iPad 1 and a windows machine. It requires a small "hack" in windows. No need to jailbreak. I print often to my LEXMARK 850 Pro.

kfscoll

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2009
Lol...AirPrint.

LOL nothing...check out the link in my previous post. It activates AirPrint for any shared printers on all iOS devices and no third-party software gets installed on your Macs or your iOS devices. And it's free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.