Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GNice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Hi all,

I absolutely love my 13" MBA Ultimate...just an outstanding machine. However, the brightness seems to change all by itself sometimes after it's been asleep. Sometimes after being asleep I touch the keyboard and the brightness is at max...practically blinding me. lol. Anyone else experience this behavior?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Have you checked System Preferences > Displays >>
HT4293-led_display_27inch-display_system_prefs-001-en.png
?​

Nov 28, 2010
located
Exactly...I don't even have the check mark shown in the screen shot above which appears to be a Cinema Display thing.

It is just a screenshot, as I don't have an MBA handy to deliver an appropriate screenshot. I didn't know, the MBA does not have such sensor, as it is located near the iSight camera.

Bakari45

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Hi all,

I absolutely love my 13" MBA Ultimate...just an outstanding machine. However, the brightness seems to change all by itself sometimes after it's been asleep. Sometimes after being asleep I touch the keyboard and the brightness is at max...practically blinding me. lol. Anyone else experience this behavior?

I notice this seems to happen when my MacBook Air is running on the battery source. When it’s running the electrical power, it remains fully bright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.