Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
Shortly after buying my Macally BTMouseJr, I raved about how great it was. Now, after 3 million batteries, I'm not so thrilled.

Brand new, top-quality batteries get sucked dry by this little gizmo after only a few days of regular use. The cheap batteries last only two days.

I'm definitely planning on buying some rechargeable batteries so I can afford to continue using the thing, but if I had known what an energy guzzler it was, I may not have bought it.

ALSO:

When using it with my Apple BT keyboard, the cursor jumps around the screen like a flea on crack.

Has anyone found a BT mouse that they really like?

rozwell

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2004
i had an apple bt mouse... sold it only because i had no more bluetooth module, anyway. i used it for about a month before it was sold and i have never replaced the factor supplied energizer batteries, not to mention it was the best mouse i have ever had, but it was only one button, and man i hate that. if they just put a scrolling device on there it would be the greatest thing ever.

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
I just picked up a Bluetake BT500 recently. I have not used it long enough to give a full review. So far, I have no performance issues, tracking is great, no perceivable lag (though I'm not a gamer), and I can't yet comment on the battery life, but the reviews I read gave it a thumbs-up in that department. It has an on-off switch. Set-up was easy. Still, I'm undecided about the form factor, though, which is smaller than usual.

It's the same as the RadTech BT-500, hardware-wise, I don't know if theirs comes with something extra other than nicer graphics.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
I have an Apple BT mouse and it really is great. The response time is very good and I've gotten use to the one button over two. Actually, I've gotten more use to keyboard commands that take place of the right click in many cases.

I looked at the Bluetake 500 that you have McGarry...looks pretty good...how much?

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
cmvsm said:

I looked at the Bluetake 500 that you have McGarry...looks pretty good...how much?

I got it at a local store for $50. But I have seen it online for as low as $38-40, plus shipping maybe. I found the best prices on CNET's comparison tool.

eCost seems to have them on some sort of promotion that appears to bring the price closer to $30. I say "seems" and "appears" because it involves some sort of savings club membership. Apparently free shipping too. I've never bought from them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.