Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
India
I can download apps on the iTunes store on my computer but after syncing it says 'Apps cannot be synced to iPhone as this computer is not authorized to install apps on the phone'... What do I do?

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I don't know why you would be getting this error. I'd try to restore the iPhone and see if that helps.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
how do I authorize my computer to install apps?

Open iTunes, in the upper left edge click on "Store", "Authorize Computer"

Just follow the prompts, you are authorized 5 computers per account and sometimes when you update software on iPhone or Computer it does something to your account. Just do the above and you should be good to go.

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Open iTunes, in the upper left edge click on "Store", "Authorize Computer"

Just follow the prompts, you are authorized 5 computers per account and sometimes when you update software on iPhone or Computer it does something to your account. Just do the above and you should be good to go.

Note that it may be necessary for you to first deauthorize, then re-authorize your computer. That's what I had to do recently, when iTunes suddenly wouldn't sync 100 of my songs and all of my apps to the phone, with that same error. That fix worked for me.

evolu

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2002
LA la land...
another solution?

Hey guys, I'm having this same problem. I tried de-auth and re-auth my computer and still no luck. I also restored my phone to no luck.

Anyone else find a solution?

chrisn81

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2009
Hey guys, I'm having this same problem. I tried de-auth and re-auth my computer and still no luck. I also restored my phone to no luck.

Anyone else find a solution?
I had the same problem and none of the solutions I googled worked. I solved it for me by copying the apps with the finder (you can find them in <user name>/music/itunes/mobile applications) to another mac. If you open it there, iTunes will put them into the correct folder and you can sync your apps again. So I guess the problem lies with iTunes (8.1.1) on my laptop. Now I'll have to figure out how to reinstall iTunes on my laptop ...

Hope it works for you.

EDIT: After uninstalling iTunes following this guide, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1224, everything synced again.

onelove

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
This Works

select song or app. that's not authorized, itunes will ask for your password, enter password, click ok, and ok again. Done.

bigrobb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2008
Tennessee
i keep clicking on a song to try to listen to and it says your computer isnt authorized to play this song do you want to authorize now i click yes and put my pw in and click authorize then it says this computer is already authorized. I try to play the song again and it just keeps doing this over and over I de-authorized and reauthorized and it still does the same thing is reinstalling itunes the only way to fix this or is there another way

Jackattack4mac

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2009
Tried it all!

Although i have most of my apps and most of my videos on my computer a random few will not sync onto my iphone as "they are not authorized" I have tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing my account and still nothing. I deauthorized my account on another computer to make sure i hadnt used up my 5 computers and still nothing. I have tried doing the apps one by one and all at a time and yet nothing. Even if i remove an app from my iphone and then put it back on it is fine, it is just the select 10 or 12 apps on my computer that for some reason will not sync. **** This problem has occured since i got a new computer the apps the will not sync did used to be on my iphone! Can anyone help? :apple:

msleggz

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2010
Possible answer for Jackattack4mac

I had the same problem when I switched from my laptop to a macbook. What I figured out was that I had purchased applications under two different email addresses. You can click on one of the applications that is not syncing and go to "File" then "Get Info" to find out what email address you used to purchase those applications. Hopefully this helps.

moka.chino

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
installing apps from 3rd party

hi i have a simarler problem. i need to use a previos version of a software so i downloaded it from a third party web site. itunes wont let me install it because its not autherized. is their a way i can autherise it. thank you. pleasse reply asap:confused:

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
hi i have a simarler problem. i need to use a previos version of a software so i downloaded it from a third party web site. itunes wont let me install it because its not autherized. is their a way i can autherise it. thank you. pleasse reply asap:confused:

are you sure that 3rd party website isnt hacked apps? then of course it wouldnt autherize it.

apollenium

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2011
hi guys! need help, why my itunes wont sync my other apps that were previously s

hi guys! need help, why my itunes wont sync my other apps that were previously accepted by itunes before on my other laptops (windows). i already authorized & de-authorized my new laptop (windows 7) and de-authorized all my previous laptops. but still i get the message from itunes that the app im installing on my iphone4 is not accepted as the laptop is not authorized. pls help!!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
hi guys! need help, why my itunes wont sync my other apps that were previously accepted by itunes before on my other laptops (windows). i already authorized & de-authorized my new laptop (windows 7) and de-authorized all my previous laptops. but still i get the message from itunes that the app im installing on my iphone4 is not accepted as the laptop is not authorized. pls help!!

Sometimes a reboot of either the computer or the iPhone or both fixes this, if you’ve authorized already.

sentinel75

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2011
Subtle email differences are the key

I was baffled by this as well. I had two apps that wouldn't transfer; I tried reauthorising, deauthorising and authorising again and it still wouldn't work. I knew about the Apple ID thing but I was thinking "I have the one ID! It must be something else!" Until I checked the 'Store' tab in iPhone Settings...

Now, I thought I had the one Apple ID ending in '@mac.com'. However, when I checked my iPhone, it told me that my Apple ID ended in '@me.com'. Subtle, but enough to cause a lot of headaches. Authorising iTunes for the '@me.com' Apple ID sorted it. Hope this helps!

Aeroloop

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2013
solution...

Clearly apps purchased within two different accounts will not update on the iphone, I had the same trouble. double click on the app icon in the app section on iTunes and authorize using the previous apple ID you purchase the items with. it will then upload all the apps back on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.