Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
So I use 1Password. Everytime I get to a site I have to click the 1Password login and click "login with whatever site I am at". Cant 1Password just know when you get to that site and log you in automatically? I thought it was possible but cant figure i out..

Medravi

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
just login to the 1password program and drag the appropriate websites from the program into your safari bookmarks bar; that'll set up autologin. alternately, click the 1P button at the top of safari to the left of address bar and select "go and fill login" and the appropriate website

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Thanks but that is not exactly what I meant. I mean after I set up the password....For example, when I go to macrumors.com 1password associates that page with the password. It should be able to just log me in but instead I still need to click the 1P logo and click "login with macrumors"...id like it to be automatic since it associates the page...its hard to explain on here, but by navigating to the associated page it should just login without me doing anything else......its not a big deal though =)

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
ummmmmm. it still would keep track of your passwords and what urls they are associated with. When you land on that url it just submits the password for you. simple...same thing you are doing without the click

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
ummmmmm. it still would keep track of your passwords and what urls they are associated with. When you land on that url it just submits the password for you. simple...same thing you are doing without the click

Every modern browser has this capability. Even IE6 will autofill forms for you. If all you want to do is have a website save your login information, turn cookies on.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Cookies are on. When I got to macrumors.com I click the 1P and click "login with whatevername"......what it does is fills the username and password AND submits it so I then am taken to the next page ....logged in. Autofilling forms doesnt also submit them....What I am talking abut is more the association of the username and password to the URL. Look in 1password.app you'll see each login has a url. That login wont just work on ANY page......anyways, !password could easily be designed so that when you go to THAT URL the username and password are filled AND submitted....and you are logged in without clicking anything ...since you set up that username and password on THAT url....

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Yes I click on a bookmark that takes me to the same URL as my 1Password login is associated with. How would I create a bookmark to log me in? :confused:

Medravi

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
login to the 1password program like i said, and drag the icon from the 1password program into your bookmarks bar in safari and it'll add a bookmark that will auto log you in

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
AH Medravi!! Good catch!..your totally right. Thats what I was looking for...!! unfortunately it doesn't work like that in Firefox hehe

samssf

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2008
Or use roboform for mac. It autofills.

Automatically filling in a form (autofill) is not the same thing as automatically filling in AND automatically submitting the form (auto login). Hence the thread's topic.

scarred

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Automatically filling in a form (autofill) is not the same thing as automatically filling in AND automatically submitting the form (auto login). Hence the thread's topic.

You know this thread is almost two years old, right?

For anyone reading, with 1Password cmd+\ auto fills.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.