Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Hey guys,

I didn't see a specific form for airport, so I just picked the one for the kind of computer I'm using. Anyways, I just got a new AirPort Extreme, but I can get my wireless printer to be recognized under the printer section of system preferences. Using my old Linksys WRT 54 GS router, I used to be able to print wirelessly through the router, to the printer (the printer is a wireless all-in-one OfficeJet J 6480), but since hooking up the AirPort Extreme, I can no longer do so... I'm not sure if there's a port I need to forward or something, and HP's customer service is terrible at best. Any thoughts on how to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance guys,
Paul

Awjvail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did you remember to setup the printer with the new wireless details? Is the printer showing it is connected?

pricej636

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2010
Florida
Didn't have a problem at all setting up my wireless Canon printer with my Airport Extreme router. You have something setup incorrectly.

josh1231

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
My Color Laserjet never worked correctly on Wireless Airport Extreme for some reason, so I just did it through USB. Then today, I got a new machine and there it was wireless and usb on my Airport Extreme.

My canon was a 2 second install, but the HP never worked....

I didn't like the way the Extreme worked with the printer at all. I wish I could give you some advice, but USB works pretty well.

Hey guys,

I didn't see a specific form for airport, so I just picked the one for the kind of computer I'm using. Anyways, I just got a new AirPort Extreme, but I can get my wireless printer to be recognized under the printer section of system preferences. Using my old Linksys WRT 54 GS router, I used to be able to print wirelessly through the router, to the printer (the printer is a wireless all-in-one OfficeJet J 6480), but since hooking up the AirPort Extreme, I can no longer do so... I'm not sure if there's a port I need to forward or something, and HP's customer service is terrible at best. Any thoughts on how to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance guys,
Paul

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Thanks for the replies all, looks like ill just have to go get a usb splitter...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.