Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spartacus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Hey,

I have an iBook G4 1.2ghz latest revision. Recently, I have experienced my expose going crazy - randomly sliding to the desktop over and over again in quick intervals, the screen darkness automatically decreasing to black, the eject button randomly being pressed, and multiple letters being pressed at random. It happens in bursts all at once. I know this sounds weird, but it has been happening more and more frequently, and Apple doesn't know what the problem is. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
What'd you do to it? You obviously have not been showing it enough attention, or you did something to piss it off. It takes a lot to piss off OSX too.

Seriously though, a keyboard problem sounds like it could be the cause. Try swapping in a new keyboard temporarily if you have one.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Could be logic board, but whatever it is it's still under warranty. Take it in to Apple or give them a call. Could be easy to fix.

Spartacus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
I think it is the keyboard

I think it is the keyboard because I have realized that physical changes cause this crazy thing to occure. I have found that just allowing the keyboard to rest on my computer (not secured in how it usually is) will solve the problem. Ahg! Any other ideas though? The logic board tests fine in Apple software test.

Thanks!

fawlty

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
New Zealand
Pop out the keyboard, and unplug its connector. Connect an external USB keyboard. If this fixes the problem, you need a new keyboard - you can get them on ebay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.