Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jondavidj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Nashville, Tennessee
Hello. I am new to the MAC world. I have a Mac AIr Ultimate with the 11 inch screen. I have the macbook figured out, but I do have a question about the Time Capsule.

I have read where it stores your information and as long as you have a MobileMe account, in which I do, you can access it anywhere.

My questions is this: Currently, we are lucky enough to be in an area where we have AT&T U-Verse. They supply my wireless router. It is the 2Wire router.

If I bought the Time Capsule, how would it integrate with that router and would it be beneficial for me to get. I only have 128G on my macbook so the additional storage of 1T sounds good.

I did some searching and cannot find the answer I am looking for. Would someone out there be kind enough to help a new Macbook user out?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Jon David Jones

Psilocybin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
Ontario, Canada
You can also access it remotely by MobileMe or without aswell. MobileMe allows you to register the tc with your account. It will just show up on your side bar in finder asking as it's accessible in your home network. You just assign it with a password(make sure it's a secure password)

Hello. I am new to the MAC world. I have a Mac AIr Ultimate with the 11 inch screen. I have the macbook figured out, but I do have a question about the Time Capsule.

I have read where it stores your information and as long as you have a MobileMe account, in which I do, you can access it anywhere.

My questions is this: Currently, we are lucky enough to be in an area where we have AT&T U-Verse. They supply my wireless router. It is the 2Wire router.

If I bought the Time Capsule, how would it integrate with that router and would it be beneficial for me to get. I only have 128G on my macbook so the additional storage of 1T sounds good.

I did some searching and cannot find the answer I am looking for. Would someone out there be kind enough to help a new Macbook user out?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Jon David Jones

oakie

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
seattle
with the router, connect a networking cable from any of the router's ports directly to the WAN port on your time capsule. as long as DHCP is on, the time capsule will automatically assign IPs to any devices connecting to it that do not conflict with the 2wire router.

at that point, just input your mobileme un and pw into the airport utility, and turn on back to my mac on your laptop.

idunn

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2008
Safety first

Just do not overlook that as nice as 1TB of storage on the Time Capsule can be … it is not backed up unless stored on another 1TB drive elsewhere.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
Accessing data on the Time Capsule is slow when on the same network. Accessing it over the internet is glacial. In any case, don't count on it as a substitute for lack of disk storage on your computer. For anything on the Time Capsule you want to work with, you'll need to copy it over to your computer first.

I only use my Time Capsule for Time Machine backups while connected to my local network. I find it too slow to use for anything else.

jondavidj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Nashville, Tennessee
Hey everyone, Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I use MobileMe now and I am getting up to my limit and I see it only goes to 60 GIG with the extra money. I think I will get one and try it out. Thanks for the replies!!

cardosopat

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2011
Viória-ES Brazil
Importing files from Time Capsule to Macbook Air 2009

I need to know how I can import manually the files at Time Capsule to my Macbook Air.
Should I use the super drive once the files are hiden in FINDEN and the MBAir doesn't have a CD/dvd drive?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.