Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joesploggs

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
What models y'all going for?
I'm still undecided about black vs white - but hoping to get 16Gb Wifi.

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have the 32GB iPad 1, I really don't need that much space so it will be a 16GB this time.

Hopefully they have a full stock of Smart Covers as I want the Black Leather one.

joesploggs

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
No idea on stock level but you know it's only the Sprucefield PC World and Currys that are stocking them. If you find out let us know.

Other shops stocking are Argos outside Victoria Square and HMV in Donegal Arcade - there may be others... that's all I know. Could be tempted to call in with them both first before checking out the Apple queue this afternoon.

nataliamck

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
No idea on stock level but you know it's only the Sprucefield PC World and Currys that are stocking them. If you find out let us know.

Other shops stocking are Argos outside Victoria Square and HMV in Donegal Arcade - there may be others... that's all I know. Could be tempted to call in with them both first before checking out the Apple queue this afternoon.

I finish work in Hillsborough at 5:30pm so I'll be driving past Sprucefield anyway so I'll call in there. There's an Argos there too I can check out.

If they are the only ones stocking them then I'm sure they got enough stock... hopefully....

joesploggs

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
I'm about 4 from the end at Goldsmiths- not as many people as I was expecting. Roll on 3pm to find out about stock and get the tickets.

nataliamck

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
I'm about 4 from the end at Goldsmiths- not as many people as I was expecting. Roll on 3pm to find out about stock and get the tickets.

Please post on here when you find out about stock.

I called into PC World Sprucefield on my lunch and they only got 50 altogether in stock :eek:
And there was a queue of people already so thats not happening.

maehara

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2003
Northern Ireland
They'll be open to midnight if need be, apparently. Stock "shouldn't be a problem", but then they would say that. They'll be closing in a few minutes and handing out tickets, so we'll see...

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Yep, great fun today, met some nice people and had a laugh updating the blog at ipad2queue.co.uk, the queue was still stretching right back to House of Fraser when I left the Apple Store.

The Apple guy who served me said there was loads of iPads in stock so even if you head down tomorrow you will get one.

Downloading the new software and sticking some tunes on my shiny 32GB Black WiFi....woohoooo.

joesploggs

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Yeah I could see you a few up the queue from me - you seemed to be having good craic. The ones around me in the queue were fairly quiet but everyone got a bit more excited once they got their tickets.

Full marks to the apple staff - I even got a 2nd coffee right before I went into the store... was very impressed!

Seemed to be plenty of stock - I went for 16Gb Black Wifi but could be tempted to change to a 32Gb before the 14 days are up.

With regards to the iPad - photos, videos, web pages, games all look amazing on it. I'm a happy chappy tonight!

Caolan96

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Derry, Northern Ireland, UK
Great Laugh

I had some good craic up the front of the queue, arrived around 7:30am and was 7th in the queue.

Met some lovely people (btw, I didn't catch your last name, otherwise I would have added you on facebook to see the video!)

Cheers!
Caolán.

evren

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2007
Belfast (UK)
My friend got 32GB black Wifi from HMV Donegal Arcade yesterday. We just left work at 4:30, arrived there at 5pm. No queue, nothing. Just walked in and walked out :rolleyes: When we were walking past the Apple store with her new iPad2, the first guy was walking out of the Apple Store with everybody cheering for him :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.