Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jb.da.man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Firstly, I know this is in wrong catagory but all the other foriums wont allow new posts.

Hello,

I have an external RSS feed reader, can you please tell me the RSS feed address or where I can find it?

Cheers
JB

jb.da.man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009

Cheers i was looking for a link on the page but it was the link in the address bar.

cynikal

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2003
is it me or does the article preview always get cut off after ~40 words ? does anyone else find that odd? no other feed i subscribe to has this behavior but macrumors does.

engadget, for example, will have a short blurb (compared to the side of the actual article), and says 'full story after the break', the break is where the end of the article via the feed is.. and if you open the actual article you get that as well as the full article.

and macrumors stories aren't anywhere nearly as long as engadget, so why doesn't macrumors just let you load the entire article via rss ??

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Obviously driving traffic to click through to the full articles gives us ad impressions that we wouldn't get through RSS.

Yes, there are obviously ways to monetize RSS feeds, and we're looking to tweak things to make full content available through the RSS feed. It's all part of our redesign that has been in the works for much longer than we'd like...but we're making progress, I promise. :)

cynikal

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2003
thanks for the insight.. i thought it was just me, as i haven't experienced this on any other site and thought maybe _I_ was doing something incorrect with my settings or what not..

hoping ya guys can get a resolution to it soon though, seeing this almost makes me want to look for apple-related news elsewhere w/o these issues:

Code:
Apple Testing Three iPhone 5 Prototypes, One With Slide-Out Keyboard?
from MacRumors : Mac News and Rumors
1 person liked this

Keyboard Buddy Case for iPhone 4

Taiwanese site Apple.pro reports (via AppleInsider) that Apple has been 
testing three separate prototypes for the fifth-generation iPhone, including 
one with a slide-out keyboard.

There ...

i mean, really? :p almost as fun as an action-packed, yet commercial-infested (ill-placed too) movie on local tv stations :)

i hadn't considered the reason you mentioned, while it makes sense, seems to go about it the wrong way (i think it just annoys the (via rss) readers). i'm all for clicks, but there's gotta be a better way to achieve click-throughts w/o simply truncating the main article (has no one else complained?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.