Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Burntfender

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Hi, i dont know how it happened but last night i noticed that my iPhone's sleep/wake button is incredibly hard to push down. Its almost like the button is completely recessed and stuck in the phone.

Has anyone had any luck with fixing this problem? Ive made an appointment at the Apple store tomorrow, any chance they might be able to open my phone up and fix it?

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not sure if they will open it up or swap it out. Either way should be fine by you, right?

Burntfender

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not sure if they will open it up or swap it out. Either way should be fine by you, right?

Well yes either way it will be fine. But i'd rather they just open it up. Its a bit of a waste to give me a new one! Especially when the problem isnt that big a deal- its more just frustrating.
But I was thinking they may not even do anything about it because it doesnt entirely affect the phones performance- other than the impeded ability to put it to sleep

RichBrewski

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
Exact same thing happened to me last weekend while I was at a party. Kind of a pain in the butt seeing as how I have to switch my skins, restore my phone, etc. just to deal with a jammed sleep button. Keep me posted on how the appointment goes, and best of luck to ya! :)

griefrev

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2010
Louisville, KY
It happened to me a few weeks ago. I researched the problem on the Apple discussion board and found that I was not alone. Took it in to the local Apple store and they replaced it, no questions asked.

magicpinkdrink

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
This also happened to me. I had my friend at AT&T look at it, she said take it to Apple and they will replace it. So I did, and got my phone replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.