Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

statler1903

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
whenever someone phones me they dont hear anything , but all i hear is an echo of my own voice. i have tried all sorts of resets , but no luck please help

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
whenever someone phones me they dont hear anything , but all i hear is an echo of my own voice. i have tried all sorts of resets , but no luck please help
First of all, what kind of device, with which software/firmware version do you have? It is very hard to answer questions, if we have to guess what you are talking about.:rolleyes: For all we know, you could be asking about two tin cans and a string.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Restore As New, and set it up as a new phone. If that doesn't fix it, take it to Apple.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Restore and set up as new iPhone. This is your ONLY solution if Apple won't fix it.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Take it to your provider (AT&T or Verizon) and show them the problem.

I'm taking a guess that someone/some process screwed up on the provisioning for your number and you're in a loop back situation.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Take it to your provider (AT&T or Verizon) and show them the problem.

I'm taking a guess that someone/some process screwed up on the provisioning for your number and you're in a loop back situation.
That's what I'm thinking. Maybe even a bad sim, or the phone needs to be reactivated.

sadowski

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2011
same echo problem

iPhone 4G AT&T service- same problem: Callers hear no ring tone and when I answer they can't hear me, but I hear my own voice echoing back, and no part of the caller' voice. The AT&T store where I purchased the device said it's a hardware problem; go to the Apple store. Apple store Genius #1 said, "I see this a lot. It's a problem with the headphone jack." (honest) He gave me a new phone, same SIM card. Did not fix the problem; took original phone back. Genius #2 at same store said, "I've seen this a lot today. It's a problem with AT&T's tower; talk to AT&T." Huh? Could this be an AT&T connection problem? A SIM card problem? Everything else works fine. A reset helps only momentarily. Resetting the network setting didn't help. Problem started two days ago, and just now . . . during the time I've been composing this post, the phone rang, I answered it, and lo and behold- the caller heard me just fine! What's going on ??? Is this a common problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.