Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
:rolleyes: Well the only this stopping me from buying a mini is that i have a black monitor black keybord and mouse.Will the mini look good or stand out next to a black monitor. :D

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
I feel the same way. Silver Computer, Black Monitor, White kb + mouse. Its strange.

Look into HP LCDs, they look like they may match the mini. Apple should sell a 17" Widescreen LCD for $400. People would definatly but it.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
It will look horribble, everyone will start to hate you, your girlfriend will cheat on you, and your parents will disown you. :rolleyes:

If you are too worried about looks. And yes I know Apple's look great but is a Mini.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
whew i thougt it was just me that felt that way.steve jobs should have said "Trade in your old keyboards and monitors we will supply ones that match.

rozwell

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2004
i only buy things that match. except for the grey creature speakers which look like utter CRAP compared to the white ones. i think Aluminum and white are fine together. This monitor will look nice with Al macs i think. its 17" but not wide screen. the kensington studio mice look nice, because they have both white and grey elements.

PickledSquirrel

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
Aarhus, DK
Weird? weeeeeell not exactly weird, just vain in a geeky way.
Speaking of geek, here's me spending my saturday night in random threads at MR:D

-Squirrel

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
rozwell said:
i only buy things that match. except for the grey creature speakers which look like utter CRAP compared to the white ones. i think Aluminum and white are fine together. This monitor will look nice with Al macs i think. its 17" but not wide screen. the kensington studio mice look nice, because they have both white and grey elements.

i just got that monitor for myself a few weeks ago, and i would definitely say that it is gorgeous and would match the mini wonderfully. or a powermac (g4 or g5). or work as an external for a powerbook (or ibook if you like the white/silver thing). anyway, it's beautiful - definitely has style that is worthy of an apple.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Baby duck did you get any dead pixels or stuck pixels.thats what im worried about to.newegg just dropped the price on those.from 430 to 409

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
I don't think that is weird at all. I could use the power of a G5 PowerMac, but my next purchase will be an iMac G5. Why? Because I think the PM is butt-ugly and I don't want it in my living room.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
SuperChuck said:
I don't think that is weird at all. I could use the power of a G5 PowerMac, but my next purchase will be an iMac G5. Why? Because I think the PM is butt-ugly and I don't want it in my living room.

Form over functionality. I think it should be the other way around. But then again iMacs are very functional. :)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Crazy glue the mini to the back of the monitor, that way you wont have to worry about color coordination.

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
Why are so many people suggesting that s/he hide the pretty thing rather than doing away with the ugly things? Aesthetics are obviously a concern.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Actually I am looking forward to getting my Mac mini. I have a Dell 2001FP (black) and the M$ usb/wireless keyboard mouse. But my desk is a glass one with black metal.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
sjpetry said:
It will look horribble, everyone will start to hate you, your girlfriend will cheat on you, and your parents will disown you. :rolleyes:

If you are too worried about looks. And yes I know Apple's look great but is a Mini.
You wouldn't mind sending her our way, much better to have a group of people you don't know doing the deed...

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
nyprospect said:
:rolleyes: Well the only this stopping me from buying a mini is that i have a black monitor black keybord and mouse.Will the mini look good or stand out next to a black monitor. :D
Well, you could try setting it up like this:

claysoffice.jpg

Notice the Mac mini down in the lower-left corner... it's connected to everything, but out of your visual range so it doesn't matter if it goes with your keyboard, mouse, etc. (You'll notice everything on my desk is black, so I shared the same concern.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.