Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
So the problem is I have encountered a few instances where calls and texts do not come through. It goes directly to the subscriber is not available message.

So here is the thing I can think of 2 apps that affect calls. iblacklist and auto3g.
I do not think it is iblacklist because it is not bouncing off the calls like it is programmed to do. Auto3g I am not too sure but it happens sporadically it is hard to test.

Thing is when I enter a code.. provided by the telco to cancel all diverts..suddenly all of the texts and such come flooding through. Thing is, it is not diverted so why would a network thing affect this?

Previously I have had the telco do a reset whatever that means, I have also left my phone off for 15mins when this happened before and I havent had an issue till today..

So I wonder if it is the apps or a faulty phone.

rforsyth

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
Not too sure if im correct but i have a similar problem like this with my iphone 3gs, but i'm in the UK on Orange. I just got told to turn off the 3g and it works. Question is though aren't i paying for the 3g service?

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Not too sure if im correct but i have a similar problem like this with my iphone 3gs, but i'm in the UK on Orange. I just got told to turn off the 3g and it works. Question is though aren't i paying for the 3g service?

thing is with auto3g and when i am at home on wifi my 3g is set to turn off...and that is when I notice the problems.

jrock2004

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2008
PA
Well I do not have an answer on this one but I have the same issues. I say lets post our info and see if we can find similarities between us.

iPhone4 ver 4.2.1

Jailbreak apps:
MobileTerminal
MyWi
AptBackup
Winterboard
BytaFont
SynergyClient
NES AD
biteSMS
SBSettings
Lockinfo

I do have some custom themes installed as well.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Well I do not have an answer on this one but I have the same issues. I say lets post our info and see if we can find similarities between us.

iPhone4 ver 4.2.1

Jailbreak apps:
MobileTerminal
MyWi
AptBackup
Winterboard
BytaFont
SynergyClient
NES AD
biteSMS
SBSettings
Lockinfo

I do have some custom themes installed as well.

I have like 70 LOL but I have Aptbackup, Winterboard, Sbsettings from your list. And I dont have any themes that I am using at the moment.

Today seems to be fine, no issues yet.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
In case anyone was wondering or have similar problems... i deleted auto 3g and that seems to have solved the problem. apparently it is the switching to edge that is causing the network issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.