Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandaman2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/origami-workstation-cl57820/2

Anyone have one / have used one? I was set on a ZaggMate for my new iPad 2 (Zagg put out a press release saying the new version will be out later this month) until I saw this product. I need a keyboard product that will allow portrait or landscape, but won't need it all the time - mostly for taking class notes or doing other school work on the go (in addition to a desktop-replacement MBP in the dorm which I will buy this summer when it comes with a free ipod).

Pros to the origami would have a full-size keyboard without uncomfortable edges (like the Zagg). Cons to the origami would be that its bulkier and would not integrate the iPad case. I'm not sure how I feel about not integrating the iPad case as I would have to remove the iPad case from the Zagg to use it anyway.

Anyone used it? Do you like it?

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
I saw this today at the Apple Store today and was curious about the same thing. I too was looking at getting a zaggmate, but this seems to be a better solution as i already have a bluetooth keyboard and I probably would have bought another case along with the zaggmate any way.

I kind of like the idea of having this to use when i need it and when i dont need a keyboard it can just stay in my bag or something.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I've got the zaggmate v1, and there's no comparison to it's keyboard with the Apple BT KB. Got this at BB yesterday, and I think I'm going to velcro the bottom of my ipad2 shell/case to the top of this unit.

Shouldn't interfere with the stand, I can detach the two if I know I'm NOT going to need the KB, and the incase can serve as a sort of stand for the ipad, holding it at a slight incline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.