Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

130740-ipad _2_shipping_040411.jpg

Shipping estimates for new online orders of all iPad 2 models have improved to 2-3 weeks today, down from earlier 3-4 weeks. The new shipping estimates appear to apply in all countries where the iPad 2 is currently shipping.

With Apple releasing its first television commercial for the iPad 2 over the weekend and shipping estimates now improving, it appears that the company is confident enough in its ability to meet demand that it can begin more high-profile marketing campaigns to appeal to a broad base of consumers beyond the early adopters that have so far been soaking up supplies as quickly as they can be replenished.

Article Link: iPad 2 Shipping Estimates for Online Orders Improve to 2-3 Weeks

Eriden

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2006
Now if only the 2 iPad2's that I ordered for my company would have their shipping time bumped up , since I ordered on the 12th of March and still show a ship date of April 23rd.

knatsch

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Does anyone know the current stock situation in the London Apple Stores? Do they have Ipads for people who just walk into the store?

rydenfan

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Now if only the 2 iPad2's that I ordered for my company would have their shipping time bumped up , since I ordered on the 12th of March and still show a ship date of April 23rd.

Exactly!! Why hasn't my ship date moved up at all?? If I ordered one today it would say an earlier ship date than the one I ordered 3 weeks ago :confused:

decimortis

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Toronto
so orders that said 3-4 weeks last week are now saying 2-3 weeks this week? I did NOT see that one coming. :rolleyes:

D.

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007

Not sure why your shipping date is so late, I ordered on the 13th and my original ship date was 4/11, it actually shipped 4/1, its in Alaska.

iwbyte

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2005
I'd love for shortened ship date - Ordered march 18th, still says shipping April 21st

Gary L Wales

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2009
In London you have to reserve an iPad between 9-10pm for collection next day. Good luck with that - I had three browsers open and yet no dice within 30 seconds of 9pm!

Additionally, the shipping on the UK Apple Store is still 3-4 weeks as of now.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Yeah, my ship date hasn't budged. Still all the way out at April 25th. Disappointing. I started a new job that requires me to be on the train about 2 1/2 hours a day and the iPad 2 came out almost at the same exact time that I started my job. I really need this thing to come in--my iPhone 4 is not cutting it as an e reader anymore and some Civilization Revolution for iPad would sure make those train rides shorter.

XXFirefighter

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
My ship date just got moved BACK instead of FORWARD ! ! !

IPAD WI-FI 3G 32GB BLACK ATT
Ships: Apr 25
Delivers: May 3

Delivery WAS the 29th ! I ordered the 22nd of March.

Smart cover will be here the 22nd though. That was only a 4 week wait.

I called apple, they aren't sure why and can't tell me if I cancel my order if it'll ship faster, nor can they tell me why I was bumped back a week...

Thanks Apple.. sigh

ultio

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
Germany
I went to a local store today and they had tons of iPad 2s; they even had four demonstration models, which kind of surprised me. I thought that they'd be hard to get, which clearly is not the case, at least not around here.

And I must say, I was really surprised about how thin it is, it's definitely a huge improvement over the first one.

spreenbrouwer

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
My order still stands on shipping for april 25th and estimated arrival on may 5th. I ordered my iPad2 as soon as it was released here in The Netherlands.. #sigh:(

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I am curious what iPads are popular and which ones are not. Do people like the White one or the Black one? 64 GB or 16 GB? Wi-Fi or 3G? It is probably too early to tell since people will buy any that is available from Apple's estimate of demand.

riyadc

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2004
My order moved up 3 days, From April 28th to April 25th. Ordered it on the 31st of March.

HMFIC03

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2011
Tokyo
Ordered mine day one (MAR 11th) - two hours after it was available - still has not shipped:mad: White 64GB WIFI Model

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.