Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
I'm really surprised that the iPhone doesn't have this feature...unless it does and I don't know about it?

My car has Handsfree Bluetooth from the factory and when it connects to the iPhone, it pushes things like the ringer through the car speakers. Now when I'm in the car, I don't need my loud, long ringer going off.
I had a Nokia 8800 back about 4-5 years ago which you could set a different ringer when it was connected to a Handsfree Bluetooth and it would switch to that profile automatically so you could just have a single "beep" or whatever as the ringer.

Anyone know if the iPhone has something like this? Maybe through Jailbreaking?

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
That's not exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm saying that I want the phone to switch to a different profile automatically when connected to a handsfree bluetooth so that the ringer and ringer volume automatically change to something other than my normal settings.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
I'm really surprised that the iPhone doesn't have this feature...unless it does and I don't know about it?

My car has Handsfree Bluetooth from the factory and when it connects to the iPhone, it pushes things like the ringer through the car speakers. Now when I'm in the car, I don't need my loud, long ringer going off.
I had a Nokia 8800 back about 4-5 years ago which you could set a different ringer when it was connected to a Handsfree Bluetooth and it would switch to that profile automatically so you could just have a single "beep" or whatever as the ringer.

Anyone know if the iPhone has something like this? Maybe through Jailbreaking?

I haven't seen this feature on any phone besides nokias.

Why not set the vibrate switch while you're in the car?

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
That's what I've been doing but then I forget to turn it off when I leave the car. Maybe the JB community has a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.