Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
UK
Hi all,

While I wait for my Mac Mini to arrive, I'm trying to plan exactly how it will integrate into my existing network of Windows PC's and Peripherals.

I've created a diagram on how I intend to do this at the following URL:

http://www.pluginturnon.co.uk/2005/01/my-home-pc-and-peripheral-set-up_23.html

You can see the diagram at the bottom of the page.

Any feedback any of you have on this would be appreciated. This is my first Mac so if you see something on the diagram which doesn't look right please let me know... :D

Thanks,
Mark

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Looks like a nice setup to me! If you don't like wires, you could get an apple keyboard -- then the mouse plugs into the keyboard and you'd save one of your USB hubs. There's also an extra USB port on the keyboard (not powered, though), which can be convenient.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
UK
wordmunger said:
Looks like a nice setup to me! If you don't like wires, you could get an apple keyboard -- then the mouse plugs into the keyboard and you'd save one of your USB hubs. There's also an extra USB port on the keyboard (not powered, though), which can be convenient.

Good idea. So you mean the mouse would go to the keyboard. The keyboard would go into the USB switch (which only has one output) and the USB switch would go to all of the PC's.

I guess that would achieve the same as I have in the diagram where I only have one Keyboard/Mouse on my desk - but I wouldn't need the USB1 hub anymore :D which would reduce the wires...

Thanks for the idea..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.