Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
And I have tried the latest Safari (which it should support), the latest FF (which it should support) and the latest Chrome (which it should support)

All three browsers are listed as supported under there compatible browsers for OSX. Anyone else run into this issue?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
And I have tried the latest Safari (which it should support), the latest FF (which it should support) and the latest Chrome (which it should support)

All three browsers are listed as supported under there compatible browsers for OSX. Anyone else run into this issue?

FAFSA works just fine for me in Opera and Firefox (I never tried it with Safari).

Sorry bud. Doesn't look like you're going to get any financial aid. :(

;)

It could be a problem with the site or something odd with your account. Have you tried logging in on a regular (read: Windows) computer?

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI

I have completed several FAFSA's with Safari. It seems like the browser message is a warning, but you can continue past it and it works fine...

mark2764

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
Fafsa not on a mac

Tried everything recommended on Rumors and nothing. Have Lion and updated browsers and even downgraded a few browsers but nothing. Loaded Opera but still incompatible browser. Great way for the Fed. Gov. to keep their money.

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
It worked on Safari last year but presently I am facing the same issue. To workaround goto the develop menu and choose IE 8.0 in Safari. Viola, it works!

tktaylor1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
Funny thing, I just tried like an hour ago to update my FAFSA and it didn't work. It didn't work with Firefox either. It said something about my internet connection on Firefox, I am wondering if it is because I was on Wifi? My mom is going to go to her work and update everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.