Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svcghost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
The permissions in and around this directory:
"System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/jconsole.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

keep changing. I have run disk permission repair 3 times in past 3 days and they keep coming up.

ANy idea why? Is this a problem? Could it be affecting my MBP performance, because I have been noticing a few issues.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
The permissions in and around this directory:
"System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/jconsole.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

keep changing. I have run disk permission repair 3 times in past 3 days and they keep coming up.

ANy idea why? Is this a problem? Could it be affecting my MBP performance, because I have been noticing a few issues.

Hint: If you don't run "disk permission repair" and forget about it, you safe time, your Mac will run just as fine, and you will feel a lot better. You might post whatever real issues you have instead.

svcghost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Hint: If you don't run "disk permission repair" and forget about it, you safe time, your Mac will run just as fine, and you will feel a lot better. You might post whatever real issues you have instead.

Hard to follow what you're trying to say.. but, Mr. Know-it-all, the other day I had a CRAP load of incorrect permissions on a bunch of files, then I repaired them and my computer was running a lot better. They were causing problems before. So I guess you're not right this time.

The java framework shouldn't be affecting the performance of your mac.

Okay thank you. I was also curious as to why the permissions kept changing though. Any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Hard to follow what you're trying to say.. but, Mr. Know-it-all, the other day I had a CRAP load of incorrect permissions on a bunch of files, then I repaired them and my computer was running a lot better. They were causing problems before. So I guess you're not right this time.

This is what I like to call, B.S.

Explain why repairing permissions would cause your machine to run better. I look forward to your reply.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Displaying that attitude toward those that take the time to respond to your thread isn't going to motivate others to respond when you need help.

Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore

svcghost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
This is what I like to call, B.S.

Explain why repairing permissions would cause your machine to run better. I look forward to your reply.

Idk you tell me. All I know is my computer was running slow and faulty (spinning wheels here and there, blank dropdown menus in the OS, and other stuff). Then I ran repair disk permissions and voila.

Displaying that attitude toward those that take the time to respond to your thread isn't going to motivate others to respond when you need help.

Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore

Why would I be nice to a smart-alic comment like the one he made to me???? I always respect a person's answers if they are actually trying to help.

P.S. Thank you for that link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.