Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I've been looking at all the videos of the new iCal and where the heck is the to do item list? Does it exist anymore?

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
Cmd+K

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-02-25 at 20.32.53 .png
    Screen Shot 2011-02-25 at 20.32.53 .png
    29.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2011-02-25 at 20.33.01 .png
    Screen Shot 2011-02-25 at 20.33.01 .png
    29.2 KB · Views: 5,081

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
It's still tied into Mail as well, so as soon as you make/edit/update/delete a to-do in iCal, it is instantly reflected in Mail. The inverse is true, as well.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
They need to add To Do's to iPhone as well. Whats the point of a to do if I can't edit it from anywhere!

I kind of gave up on Apple ever doing anything on their own with this. I had a damn Palm V is 1997 that came with a to do app!

What does work now though is Apple has moved the MobileMe iCal to the open standard CalDAV, so you iCal to dos can be accessed OTA with an iPhone to do app. I use BusyToDo and it works perfectly. You can add/edit/delete your tasks using BusyToDo on the iPhone and any changes go OTA to Apple's MobileMe iCal CalDAV server and are updated realtime to your desktop iCal app.

http://www.busymac.com/busytodo/index.html

palebluedot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
It's still tied into Mail as well, so as soon as you make/edit/update/delete a to-do in iCal, it is instantly reflected in Mail. The inverse is true, as well.

Will it actually work with Mail.app and MobileMe in Lion? Right now in Mail.app I have a to do for my username@me.com that = my iCal to do list. Then I have a "MobileMe" todo for my username@me.com email in Mail.app - Basically Apple replicated the to-do's twice and it double creates a Calendar in your iCal that won't sync.

Ugh!

perryke

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
Tampa, FL
The problem with BusyToDo is that, although it requires a MobileMe account work, BusyToDo repeating todos do not sync with MobileMe. What I mean is that when you mark a BusyToDo item complete and sync, this status change is not synchronized with MobileMe. BusyMac's website says that BusyToDo's repeating todo feature "Works best with BusyCal". I work in an office that doesn't allow cell phones on site. I depend on accessing my accurate MobileMe information. Needless to say, the site only provides access to Windows machines.

I kind of gave up on Apple ever doing anything on their own with this. I had a damn Palm V is 1997 that came with a to do app!

What does work now though is Apple has moved the MobileMe iCal to the open standard CalDAV, so you iCal to dos can be accessed OTA with an iPhone to do app. I use BusyToDo and it works perfectly. You can add/edit/delete your tasks using BusyToDo on the iPhone and any changes go OTA to Apple's MobileMe iCal CalDAV server and are updated realtime to your desktop iCal app.

http://www.busymac.com/busytodo/index.html

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
The problem with BusyToDo is that, although it requires a MobileMe account work, BusyToDo repeating todos do not sync with MobileMe. What I mean is that when you mark a BusyToDo item complete and sync, this status change is not synchronized with MobileMe. BusyMac's website says that BusyToDo's repeating todo feature "Works best with BusyCal". I work in an office that doesn't allow cell phones on site. I depend on accessing my accurate MobileMe information. Needless to say, the site only provides access to Windows machines.

My completed todo's sync to MM just fine. Are you referring to repeating todo's don't sync completed status? I don't use any repeats, so not an issue for me.

I was just thrilled to have something to manage tasks on my phone that synced to iCal.

theBigD23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Looks like ToDos and/or Reminders has been removed from DP3 in Mail. Reminder only appears in iCal. In Mail, I don't see it anywhere. It's not in preferences either. I can only see how to create Notes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.