Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

italeki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Cydia is not showing SHSH saved. How can I change this status to save? I tried TinyUmbrella without success. Thank you!

italeki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
I have to wait? What do you mean? I just simply want Cydia to display the saved SHSH. It is not permitting me to downgrade to a older firmware, which I need to change my terrible 05.16.02 baseband to unlock my 3Gs iPhone.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I have to wait? What do you mean? I just simply want Cydia to display the saved SHSH. It is not permitting me to downgrade to a older firmware, which I need to change my terrible 05.16.02 baseband to unlock my 3Gs iPhone.

well if you are waiting for that then stop waiting you can't downgrade baseband on a 3GS sorry! options at this point wait for a software unlock. or Ipad baseband update read all risk before doing. get a Grevey Sim. or pay about $180 bucks to get what is said and looks like a factory unlock, time will tell. there are several threads talking about all these on the front page. most likely Apple has stopped signing that is why your shsh is pending. however again your baseband can not be downgrade only firmware and only if the shsh blobs are saved in time.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld

Does it bother you that much for not displaying it?

How is it not permitting you to downgrade your baseband? Did a box pops out saying "I'm not permitting you to downgrade your terrible 05.16.02 baseband"? Seriously, you need to do more reading before you attempting to do these stuff.

italeki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Gngan, you're missing the point here. I had jailbroken my own phone and never had a problem like this before with a baseband 05.16.02 preventing me to unlock my phone. I know what I'm doing pretty much up to this point. When Cydia is not saving the SHSH, it's impossible to downgrade the 4.3.1 firmware, for possible fix to unlock.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Even you can downgrade your firmware to lower version (if Cydia show your shshs), you still can't unlock your phone because ulstrasn0w doesn't work on 05.16.02. All the posters above are correct that baseband can't be downgrade. Therefore, you will have to stuck with this baseband for sometime.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
AGAIN you can not downgrade your Baseband! you are wasting time thinking you can. you upgraded without doing proper research to preserve you baseband. Cydia or Tiny umbrella can't fix it now. I already gave you suggestions on what you can do. Next time don't be so quick to upgrade firmware. ;)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Cydia doesnt display them up there right away.
As long as Tinyumbrella has them then they are saved on both your hard drive and on cydias server.
Dont worry about seeing them on the top of cydia as long as they're saved with TU you're good. Nothing more you can do. Also you cannot downgrade your baseband on a 3GS so even if you could downgrade the firmware that wouldnt make a difference.
You can install the ipad bb to unlock but that comes with plenty of sideeffects so beware.

jauhari

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2007
I will waiting... my device got this info too
This Device is in the pending TSS queue

And everything running well

chocojabriq

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
Hi All,

i am new here....

need your help and assists for my very old iPhone 2G...i've a same problem when using Cydia...after restore..and one more thing please refresh me how you do restore on Windows? which button should i press? shift or Ctrl...? thank you before....

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Hi All,

i am new here....

need your help and assists for my very old iPhone 2G...i've a same problem when using Cydia...after restore..and one more thing please refresh me how you do restore on Windows? which button should i press? shift or Ctrl...? thank you before....

Not only is your phone 'very old', you've also managed to bump a very old thread... that isn't even related to your issue :confused:

If you want to restore your backup, iTunes should give you the option to restore backup or set up as new immediately after restoring the firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.