Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prmccarron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
I finally finished setting up my dev account with Apple, and once I got the email it told me to click on the activation code. I did and I got the error:
"We are unable to activate your Apple Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity. Please contact us and reference Enrollment ID# ********** for further assistance."
(in the actual message the ***s are characters)

On the Mac Dev Center page, under my enrollment status, I get the error:
"Your credit card and enrollment information do not match. For ID verification purposes, please download and complete this form. Once we've processed your form, we will send you an email to activate.
Please contact us if you have any questions."
How can I fix this?
Any help is appreciated!

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

The best thing to do is download and complete the form as mentioned on the website.
Did you use a credit card that had different details on it to the details you gave during signup?

prmccarron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

The best thing to do is download and complete the form as mentioned on the website.
Did you use a credit card that had different details on it to the details you gave during signup?
Ughh... do you know how long it usually takes them to get back to you? And yes, but they have the same last name (I used my dad's)

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
And yes, but they have the same last name (I used my dad's)
That's not how credit cards work. The person identified on the card must be the same as the person paying for the goods or service.

Just have your dad provide all the payment information.

If you're a minor, you can't sign contracts and stuff anyway. So just have your dad's info on the account, and you be the one to use it. It's not going to matter in the App Store.

I'm not sure, but you might be able to use an iTunes Gift Card, too.

" ... Please contact us if you have any questions."
How can I fix this?
Obvious question here is: Did you contact them?

Seriously, you have an issue with payment, so contact them regarding your issue with payment.

prmccarron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
That's not how credit cards work. The person identified on the card must be the same as the person paying for the goods or service.

Just have your dad provide all the payment information.
I misunderstood, the credit card was under the same name as the person paying for the goods, the person receiving is different than the name my Apple ID is under.

chown33'12404949 said:
Obvious question here is: Did you contact them?

Seriously, you have an issue with payment, so contact them regarding your issue with payment.
I couldn't contact them; they're not open weekends, I posted here on the off chance that I could fix it somehow.

ronmitchell

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
Apple Developer Verification

Also having trouble being verified by Apple. The form they expect me to fax requires notarization. Seriously? They took my credit card without issue so I am very confused why they deny me access. They offer no way for me to correct whatever I may have typed wrong. Frankly, I don't know what they are comparing my registration to.

This is very frustrating. I have sent several emails over the past three days and no response yet.

Is there no way to get around this problem?

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Any typos look a lot like fraud. And Apple has to deal with a lot of credit card fraud.

So if you made any mistakes in signing up, or used a credit card where any of your information is different from the credit card account, expect major delays, and a ton of extra paperwork, while they check the warning signs of something that could be fraudulent.

That's a lot better for Apple then them just letting someone steal your dad's credit card with no big hassles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.