Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisbetty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
i have been trying to find a toggle for sb settings where i can turn switch on and off the personal hotspot (TetherMe Cracked) function since i only use it for a few minutes at a time,And it'd be really convenient to be able to toggle it off and on whenever i need to Thanks :):apple:

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010
Paying for it still doesn't solve the fact that he needs an SB setting toggle. The current tether toggle doesn't seem to work right.

I'm assuming he meant he cracked the personal hotspot function using a legitimate version of TetherMe. I'm in the same boat.

If not, then he still should buy it.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
It's a new iOS feature, so I'm assuming a Dev will be submitting a toggle for this eventually. I think it will be one of the most used toggles out there once it's available. I know I'll be looking for it!

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Will a toggle like this toggle the hotspot function of tetherme and off or toggle the native hotspot function on and off? I know that tetherme uses the native hotspot function but I assume that you want to enable it via tetherme if you're trying to go undetected, right?

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Will a toggle like this toggle the hotspot function of tetherme and off or toggle the native hotspot function on and off? I know that tetherme uses the native hotspot function but I assume that you want to enable it via tetherme if you're trying to go undetected, right?

If you have TetherMe installed, you are using the native hotspot functionality. There is not difference between the two as you have described so you are not going undetected by launching via the TetherMe switch in Settings...it just sends you over to the native app.

I want a toggle for the native hotspot feature.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
What you want is the SBSetting Tethering toggle. Not to be confused with the SBSetting Tether toggle. Works great for me!

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

iFiend said:
What you want is the SBSetting Tethering toggle. Not to be confused with the SBSetting Tether toggle. Works great for me!

Thanks! I had forgotten about this toggle. Exactly what we need!

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks! I had forgotten about this toggle. Exactly what we need!

You're quite welcome :)

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010

Are you using TetherMe or do you have tethering legitimately enabled on your account? Because it doesn't seem to work for me. When I use that toggle, where it says says "personal hotspot" in the first level of settings, it just removes the "off" part, but none of my wireless devices can see it, until I actually drill down one more spot to where the actual switch is. (Which now already turned on).

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
If you have TetherMe installed, you are using the native hotspot functionality. There is not difference between the two as you have described so you are not going undetected by launching via the TetherMe switch in Settings...it just sends you over to the native app.

I don't understand this. Isn't the whole point of using tetherme so that you use the native hotspot functionality without being detected?

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010
just realized that the tethering toggle enables my usb tethering, just not my wifi tethering. (i have an iphone 4 if anyone wanted to know)

smeg36

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Are you using TetherMe or do you have tethering legitimately enabled on your account? Because it doesn't seem to work for me. When I use that toggle, where it says says "personal hotspot" in the first level of settings, it just removes the "off" part, but none of my wireless devices can see it, until I actually drill down one more spot to where the actual switch is. (Which now already turned on).

This same thing happens to me. Is this not happening to everyone? If I use the sbsetting tethering toggle I still have to go to the Personal Hotspot setting for it to start broadcasting. It works to toggle it off though.

vanillagorilla

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2009
This same thing happens to me. Is this not happening to everyone? If I use the sbsetting tethering toggle I still have to go to the Personal Hotspot setting for it to start broadcasting. It works to toggle it off though.

Not working for me either on 4.3.1. Only turns Tethering Off.

smeg36

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Just wanted to let you guys know a working toggle came out yesterday. I installed it today, and everything works as it should. Just search Cydia for Personal Hotspot SBSettings.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Just wanted to let you guys know a working toggle came out yesterday. I installed it today, and everything works as it should. Just search Cydia for Personal Hotspot SBSettings.

Awesome...we've been waiting for the real deal to come out. Thanks!

Edit: Just tried it and I'm happy to say that it is what we've been waiting for!

Last edited:

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012

On iOS 5.1.1, if you use the toggle to enable the Personal Hotspot, exit SBSettings, go back to SBSettings, it will show that the hotspot is disabled. However, if you go to Settings > Personal Hotspot, you will see that it's still on.

Once you enable the Personal Hotspot via the SBSettings toggle, you won't be able to turn it off by toggling it on SBSettings. The only way to turn it off is to go to Settings to do it.

There's no fix yet.

stevewf

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Neither toggler is perfect

Tried both "SBSettings Tethering toggle" and "Personal Hotspot SBSettings toggle" and I get varied response, neither of them perfect:

SBSettings Tethering Toggle v1.0.1:
Icon correctly toggles its color in SBSettings screen; however, internet sharing on the iPhone does not turn on until I actually visit the screen under the normal iPhone Settings > Internet Sharing screen (see note 1). Once I simply visit the screen -- without making any changes -- my iPhone begins sharing its 3G internet via WiFi. I have not tested using the USB cable or Bluetooth. The toggle does successfully turn off internet sharing without the need to visit the Settings screen.

Personal Hotspot SBSettings toggle v1.0:
The icon also toggles to green color when tapped in the SBSettings screen; however, tapping "refresh" in SBSettings makes it turn back to red. Otherwise, it has the same effect as turning on SBSettings Tethering Toggle - I have to visit the Settings>Internet Sharing screen for it to take effect. Using Personal Hotspot SBSettings toggle does not work at all when trying to turn off internet sharing; I must use Settings>Internet Sharing to make the change (not simply visting the screen; I must actually toggle it here).

(Note 1): My iPhone is set to use Spanish as the main language.Where I've written "Internet Sharing" above, I'm translating from "Compartir Internet". I don't know what the precise text is on an English language iPhone.

As far as I know, there's still no perfect answer to give us a shortcut for sharing the 3G data link.

I'm using an iPhone 4 GSM (model MC605B) running iOS5.1.1 (9B208) Jailbroken by redsn0w

Wobber

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2009
6.1?

Any news if this is working any better on iOS 6.1? (I'm still on 5 so can't test just yet)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.