Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
My wife has a Iphone 3. All of a sudden she can't send any text messages with a photo attached. It will send the same photo via email; but not text. She has the same carrier and phone plane as myself. My Iphone 4 will text and attach the same photo with no problem. The Iphone 3 will receive text messages with photos attached no problem.
What could the problem be? Probably a little setting some place. MMS is activated on the Iphone 3.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
My wife has a Iphone 3. All of a sudden she can't send any text messages with a photo attached. It will send the same photo via email; but not text. She has the same carrier and phone plane as myself. My Iphone 4 will text and attach the same photo with no problem. The Iphone 3 will receive text messages with photos attached no problem.
What could the problem be? Probably a little setting some place. MMS is activated on the Iphone 3.

the only setting is in settings/messages

then make sure MMS is on

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
MMS is turned on!
What I have tried. I choose a photo from one that she has saved in her photo gallery on the Iphone 3. I choose "MMS"; type in my phone number for my Iphone 4 and press send. It will just sit there and do nothing!!!!

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
This is the solution for anyone that may have this problem.
Settings
General
reset
reset Network settings; and if that don't work
reset all

"Reset all" is what worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.