Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
A few issues that keep occuring for me and don't seem like they would take too much to fix, although I'm not sure what would be involved.

My setup:

Firefox

1. Overflowing image

Picture says it all, happens on Firefox AND Safari for me.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 202

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
2. Text spacing

Happens only on Firefox for me.

Am I the only one who sees the site like this?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 156

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i see this all the time, im using Safari, although the text spacing usually happens more than the first issue, im not quite sure what the problem is, but it doesnt nag me all that much personally since it only happens sporadically, now if it was like this every time i visited the site it would get annoying.....

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's a CSS non-resizing issue.

It was one of the side effects when moving from a table format to a CSS format page. Tables would automatically resize around the size of the image if the story was too short. On the other hand it would leave a larger white-space at the end of the story.

The solution is simply to make the stories longer than the image. :) At least that's what I try to do.

arn

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
Arn: that makes sense, but is it the same issue in this case (see attachment)? The story is longer than the picture, but the issue still happens.

Attachments

• story_problem.jpg
    story_problem.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 141
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.