Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I wanted to embed a youtube video in my post, but I can't as HTML code is off. I was googling on how to embed a youtube video using BB code, but it seems as if it needs to be done on the admin's end. Here is a link on vBulletin's forum on how to add a YouTube BB code. Thanks in advance!

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Even if we had Youtube BB code, I'd probably load it right on a new tab. I don't like the ads on Youtube BB.

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
I'm in favor for a BB youtube code. I rather clicking links or opening in a new tab/page
I rather just have it ready to be loaded on site.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
To embed the video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0​
use the markup
[media=youtube]CD2LRROpph0[/media]​

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
One of the many things I don't like about this new feature is that when I'm scrolling down a thread, the scrolling stops wherever there's an imbedded video. To avoid this, I have to make sure the pointer is on the side of the thread, not in the middle, where the video would appear.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
One of the many things I don't like about this new feature is that when I'm scrolling down a thread, the scrolling stops wherever there's an imbedded video. To avoid this, I have to make sure the pointer is on the side of the thread, not in the middle, where the video would appear.

ClickToFlash.

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you use it, that won't happen unless you've already clicked on the video to view it.

I'd provide a list of forum links, but, y'know.....
I have ClickToFlash enabled and haven't clicked on any video. Yet, the scrolling stops when it hits the edge of the video.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That doesn't happen for me. The scrolling continues as it should, even during the momentum phase of the scroll.
That's the way it used to be for me. I don't know when it broke or what might have caused it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.