Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Algoriddim has reduced the price of its djay app for the iPhone and iPod touch from $4.99 down to $.99 for a limited time. djay for the iPhone and iPod touch debuted in the App Store last month and was preceded by a version for the iPad released in December.

djay provides a virtual turntable interface for music mixing and scratching as well as beat-matching, EQ controls and more. The app takes advantage of several features that debuted with iOS 4.2 in November including full access to the iPod library and AirPlay.

Article Link: Algoriddim's 'djay' for iPhone and iPod touch on Sale for $.99

vestigo74

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2008
Calgary, AB
Man, I almost wigged out. I just bought the iPad version for $19.99... but this 99 cent thing is only for the iPhone/iPod touch versions.

Whew.

iScott428

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Orlando, FL
Although it runs like dirt on my 3Gs, it is an absolutely great app and had to grab it for .99$ so I would have it when I upgrade to the next iPhone.

Also I have seen and played with this app on the iPad 2 and all I have to say is you could DJ the best house party ever with this app and your iPod music.

TimothyJarman

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
its worth £0.59 :) im happy. But to be fair if it was not for the promotion price i woudl of never have brought it, so well done guys.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I bought this immediately once I saw the sale price. I love djay on my MacBook, but I didn't want to spend $5 on the iPhone version, so I kept holding out for a sale. Thanks to Algoriddim.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
Come on algoriddim, bring on the sale for the iPad version and I'll be happy :) 20 dollars is too much for me, I just won't use it enough to warrant that price. If it was 7,99 I would have bought it already.

A Macbook Pro

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2009
Come on algoriddim, bring on the sale for the iPad version and I'll be happy :) 20 dollars is too much for me, I just won't use it enough to warrant that price. If it was 7,99 I would have bought it already.

Pretty much that. Maybe for professionals its worth that price, but for a regular joe just wanting to mess around your not going to be getting much love at a $20 price point in the app store. I've tried this app at a friends house (how I found out about it) and TBH I wouldn't pay more then $3. He's a DJ though and says he didn't think twice about it. So depends on how well it's selling.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
what are the main differences between the iphone and ipad versions? Figure I could just buy the iphone version and use it on the ipad with fullforce.

fatboyslick

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Literally bought the iPad edition for £11.99 an hour before reading this post and thought I'd droppped a bollock. If they do drop the iPad-version price i'll be so annoyed.

If thta happens in a retail shop - ie buy a t shirt and the next day it's lower in price - you can return it and get the discount back.....im guessing no such luck with an app, regardless of its price

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.