Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
So today at worked I decided to restore my phone. backed it all up and everything, synced contacts, pics etc..

Well i forgot to do that to my notes... Now is there a way for me to get the notes from the actual backup file? I configured the iPhone as new and then synced my contacts/pics/apps individually.

I took a backup right before the restore.. please help :)

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
yes you can take them from a backup. i had pictures i took with my phone and set it up as new with with the 4.2 update and forgot about them. so i restored from the backup transferred them then restored as new.

Ah damn, so no way of getting the notes without having to restore from backup and then do a restore again and just sync?

I was hoping to be able to find it in the actual backup file somewheres?

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
I found this file called data.syncdb

in my folder;
Application Data\Apple Computer\SyncServices\Local\TFSM\com.apple.Notes

I believe if i knew how to view the contents of that file i would be able to see my notes. If if i had to re-enter them manually back in. I really don't want to restore from backup - then do a clean restore again..

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010
google ibackupbot It's software that lets you pull individual parts of data from a backup. They say you need to register it, but I've had it for over a month, and it still works.

I used it to grab my sms and game saves off a jailbroken phone back onto a stock phone.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
google ibackupbot It's software that lets you pull individual parts of data from a backup. They say you need to register it, but I've had it for over a month, and it still works.

I used it to grab my sms and game saves off a jailbroken phone back onto a stock phone.

What backup file should I be opening? I belvedere that file up there is the current sync that contains nothing. While the actual backup folder contains quite a few files..

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010
before i restore my phone I back it up. Then go to the backup folder and make a copy of it (if not it gets overwritten the next time i try to backup my phone.

I restore my phone as new. Install the apps that I had save data from previously and run them AT LEAST ONCE(it needs to create a save file). Make a new backup. This will now be a backup a stock phone with the apps with a "save file".

use ibackupbot to export the specific data I need from the previous backup onto my computer's harddrive. Then import them into the newest backup. You can upload your new modded backup back onto your phone from within ibackupbot.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
before i restore my phone I back it up. Then go to the backup folder and make a copy of it (if not it gets overwritten the next time i try to backup my phone.

I restore my phone as new. Install the apps that I had save data from previously and run them AT LEAST ONCE(it needs to create a save file). Make a new backup. This will now be a backup a stock phone with the apps with a "save file".

use ibackupbot to export the specific data I need from the previous backup onto my computer's harddrive. Then import them into the newest backup. You can upload your new modded backup back onto your phone from within ibackupbot.

Well appears as if the backup that i took at 11am while still on firmware 4.1 is not there..

I see the update i took later while on 4.3.2 at like 3pm.. But thats what the one i want. I need the earlier backup..

Is that backup deleted or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.