Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
I keep giving these away and yet these extra Steam game licences on my account keep racking up.

I have an extra if anyone here has never played Half Life 2 (haha) and wants to try, I have a copy of Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 I can give away on Steam.

PM

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I just purchased these games in The Orange Box, and I'm loving the entire package. I've always been a consoler gamer in the past, but have recently started getting into PC gaming a little more. And for $20 bucks, it was a helluva deal.

I'd heard things about Half-Life 2, and not going to lie, within 5 minutes of playing it I was already creeped out. :p Really enjoying Team Fortress 2, even though my internet doesn't like online, and Portal is just great!

For those that don't already have/haven't already played, I definitely suggest checking out The Orange Box.

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That's awesome! Those are pretty some pretty swift little laptops.

Running great at max settings on my 2011 17" MBP.

Feel free to add me on Steam!

Side_Step_Society is my username.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
Gave away in order people asked.

Everyone else, sorry. I didn't realize there would be a bunch of people. Maybe next time. :)

Or maybe you guys who wanted TF2 can get a guest pass from someone else here.

256bit

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2010
Awesome, but...

Where are you getting these extra copies from? Undoubtedly they are legal copies, but I'm curious as to how you've amassed so many.

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Where are you getting these extra copies from? Undoubtedly they are legal copies, but I'm curious as to how you've amassed so many.

I believe the people who purchased the Potato Sack deal on Steam received a free copy of all of Valve's games for their trouble in trying to unlock Portal 2 early.

Steam sometimes showcases deals where if you buy some new game, you'll receive the previous title in the franchise for free. If you already owned the previous title, then you wind up with an extra copy you can gift to friends.

naderr

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
That's awesome man! Thanks for giving them away. Still cool even though I was too late. I wish there were more people like you :)

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Efff! Half-Life 2 scares the bejesus out of me! I just got to the part with the helicopter and entering what appears to be a sewer system. I had to quit or else I probably wouldn't sleep tonight.

Yeah, I'm a 'fraidy cat. :eek:

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
^ HL2 does have a few scary moments, Ravenholm comes to mind. But the game is totally worth it. Glad two more people are able to enjoy the game. It's amazing.

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I completely agree! I don't even know if I'd necessarily call it scared. It's a good kind of scared. Perhaps.. tense? would be a better word. I'm very on edge when I'm playing it, waiting for somebody to come out from behind something and start killing me. I'm completely enjoying it though. Awesome story as well so far.

I got the same way playing Metal Gear Solid games. Trying to be sneaky and knocking someone out from behind without alerting the rest of the guards. When it went wrong, boooyyy, was I jumping for the ceiling. Seems you can never find your "Equip weapon" button fast enough when you're being chased and shot at.

Old Tony

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
HL2 is really creating an extraordinary atmosphere. I was both scared and curious what comes up next. Very addictive!

But TF2 really kept me for some time. Getting all (or most) achievements and getting the hang of the different characters was insanely entertaining :D

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Gave away in order people asked.

Everyone else, sorry. I didn't realize there would be a bunch of people. Maybe next time. :)

Or maybe you guys who wanted TF2 can get a guest pass from someone else here.

That offer had an astonishingly short half-life.

FYDave

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
I would tremendously appreciate a copy of either one of these games if you have any remaining.

Either way, you're awfully nice for handing them out. :]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.