Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tktaylor1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
History class...

Attachments

• 9780582506060.jpg
    9780582506060.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 236

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have a couple of books I'm reading on my iPad.
Gospel according to Jesus by John MacArthur and
Slave by John MacArthur.

Both great books, very deep and being as such, you need to take your time absorbing what he writes about.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Just downloaded and started reading Game of Thrones, inspired to do so by the new HBO series from the book.

I just got the Audible version of the same book. I just finished the Audible version of The Help by Kathryn Stockett. It's very well done, with different actors reading their own chapters.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just downloaded and started reading Game of Thrones, inspired to do so by the new HBO series from the book.

I'm not yet sold on this new HBO series. I need to see another episode. Now the books, could be tremendous. I've seen this before, the Charlaine Harris Dead books which are simply outstanding, while the HBO show True Blood, not so much. Keep in mind, I don't like it when I love a book (for a reason), but the media version changes everything around and kills the reason that attracted me. :)

KateSorensen

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore

Next up

American Uprising: The Untold Story of America's Largest Slave Revolution

Uunbroken: A World War II Story. . .by Hillenbrand

For year or more I read books on Kindle. am now using new iP2. Only Con is GLARE.

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
Currently these two here i intend on taking the exams

Mac OS X Support Essentials 10.6
Mac OS X Server Essentials 10.6

have them as paper back and PDF form find reading from the screen easier with my poor vision

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm not yet sold on this new HBO series. I need to see another episode. Now the books, could be tremendous. I've seen this before, the Charlaine Harris Dead books which are simply outstanding, while the HBO show True Blood, not so much. Keep in mind, I don't like it when I love a book (for a reason), but the media version changes everything around and kills the reason that attracted me. :)

The second episode of Game of Thrones is looking up!

Rowf

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
I like this thread, interesting stuff.

Just finished Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon.
It's a kid's book but well worth the read.

Just started Rose Madder - Stephen King and listening to The Gunslinger - Stephen King on audio book.
Started on the Stephen King Dark Tower series and related works about 2 years ago, recapping after a break from it with the Gunslinger audio and Rose Madder is a related work.

steadysignal

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
Terry Goodkind "Soul of the fire"

good book and great series.

Now reading: 1861, High Noon in the Cold War, Endgame, Battle Cry of Freedom, The Great Cover Up, The Attack on the Liberty.

Damn Kindle. But its no different than before, I'd have 6-10 books going at once when it was dead tree media only.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
I am about halfway through Rainbows End, by Vernor Vinge. Picked up the hardcover edition on a whim at Barnes & Noble, because it was selling for $6 on the cheap books table. I'm enjoying it so far; not ready to personally recommend it yet, but it was a Hugo Award winner.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I'm currently reading:

The OpenGL Superbible, and Game Engine Architecture. One is for fun, the other is for class, respectively. Both are very good.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 195
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 212

skinnerband

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
Just finished Stephen King's The Stand (I always wanted to read it but found it too bulky to carry around without mangling it — the iPad fixed that problem :)

Now I am deciding between Karl Marlantes Matterhorn or Stephen King's Dark Tower series ...

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Getting ready to start re-reading the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin in preparation for the 5th book coming out in July. It's such an awesome series, but dang, I can't remember all the little details. And forget keeping straight what happens in which book...

rickywarner

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2011
I was reading One Day by David Nicholls then I finished it last weekend. A very funny novel about friendship.This story is about a man and a woman who one day come together as lovers, then break up, but stay connected. A hilarious and realistic love story.

Blinded

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2009
I'm finishing up Leanings from Peter Egan and starting Until Tuesday from Luis Carlos Montalvan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.