Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
I setup my network with Time Capsule. I established a WPA2 password during the initial Time Capsule setup. Now I want to change it. How do I change the password?

jayinIdaho

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2013
Boise
WPA2 password

Hi I'm not sure if I ever had a WPA2 password for setting up my WI-FI. If I did I don't remember it. I tried the Airport Utility but it says: No configured Airport base stations have been found. AirPort Utility will continue looking.

This wireless set up is through my Century Link DSL service.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Hi I'm not sure if I ever had a WPA2 password for setting up my WI-FI. If I did I don't remember it. I tried the Airport Utility but it says: No configured Airport base stations have been found. AirPort Utility will continue looking.

This wireless set up is through my Century Link DSL service.

AirPort Utility only works with Apple AirPort devices like the AirPort Extreme Base Station or the AirPort Express or the Time Capsule. If you have none of these devices, AirPort Utility will not work with you.

CenturyLink probably has provided you with a modem and a router or a modem/router combo? If so, look on the physical device for the model and do a www search for the manual, as the manual should explain to you how to get access to the device and change settings like WPA2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.