Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevin2i

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
When I first opened the Lion finder, I was disappointed to see the "Today, Yesterday, Last Week" searches missing. Sure, you can use "All My Files" and set "View Options" to arrange by date, but it doesn't work as well as "Today" (specifically because it doesn't look into my downloads folder).

In Lion, the searches in Leopard and SNL are there, just not visible.

If you open /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app >(show package contents)Contents/Resources/CannedSearches -- some of the previous searches from 10.6 are there. Just drag the "Today" icon into favorites. Goodbye 'All My Files'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-04-30 at 9.48.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-04-30 at 9.48.24 AM.png
    193.4 KB · Views: 724

JohnPent

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
When I first opened the Lion finder, I was disappointed to see the "Today, Yesterday, Last Week" searches missing. Sure, you can use "All My Files" and set "View Options" to arrange by date, but it doesn't work as well as "Today" (specifically because it doesn't look into my downloads folder).

I cannot stand that it is missing. I create things and put them in different places on the hard drive. When I go to attach to an email or upload to a server, I loved being able to go to things I created or updated TODAY or YESTERDAY and know they would be there. Now I have to fish around and look.

Makes it not so good. I am looking for a work around.

jrossjr

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2009
Michigan
Still not working

For me this solution did not work. I'm finding folders and applications, even a couple movies and pictures, but a lot of my documents are not showing up. At first I thought it was because I was saving files in my Dropbox, but even if I save in Documents 'Today' can't find the items. AND, to make matters worse, when I tried to 'Show Search Criteria' I was unable to save and now the Today has no function at all :(

Help anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.