Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
Is there a way to turn notifications while on a phone call? I hate when the phone beeps or vibrates while I am talking to someone. Thanks!

cincolaters

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
I asked the same question a week or so ago with no response. My gut tells me the answer is, 'no' :mad:

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Hit the home button, go to settings and turn off notifications. Let us know how it works out.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
:rolleyes:I gave you one possible solution. If you don't like it, that's not my problem. Why don't you learn to use the search function since you're not getting the answer you want?

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
:rolleyes:I gave you one possible solution. If you don't like it, that's not my problem. Why don't you learn to use the search function since you're not getting the answer you want?

Your answer sounded sarcastic. Not sure if u meant it to be.

cincolaters

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Hit the home button, go to settings and turn off notifications. Let us know how it works out.

Thanks for your reply. I'm asking the same question as well. I've tried searching till I'm blue in the face.

The settings button won't work for my particular situation: Business person that needs to be notified of all my messages in all their forms. Reacting quickly to an email is what keeps my clients with me. I run too fast to have to remember to go to Home>settings>turn notifications off - every time I want to make a call or answer a call. See what I'm saying?

However, having my phone buzz off in my ear when I'm on the phone is horribly distracting.

Is there an option, a hack, a magic spell - - anything - - that allows message notifications to be turned off whilst on the phone?

Thanks

PS - iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.