Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hae8905

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
hi

im in need of an employee scheduling program. i had been familiar with kappix scheduler and it worked perfect for what we need..but alas we need something mac friendly now.

anyone have any suggestions based on experience..

something that can handle upward of 40 employees with a week to week schedule

thank you so much in advance

johnandrewellis

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2007
I am searching for this as well!

I have a huge need for an inteligent scheduling program. One that lets me rate employees based on skill level, hours available, etc.... :apple:

ntyrell

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
Lots!

There are lots of employee scheduling programs out there. However I recommend you should be looking for a web based one. It would work on any internet connected computer (including Mac's). It would also work on mobile devices like iPhones, blackberry etc. If it is web based then your employee can also login from their home computer to see when they are next working - pretty good! They no longer have to phone you up.

hae8905 most programs can handle an unlimited amount of employees so your 40 should be fine. Also most will intelligently generate a shift schedule that will suit each employee.

-Neil Tyrell
Shifle - Employee Scheduling Program

imotro

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2010
employee scheduling software

Hi,
although you posted this long ago i think it is important for me to enlighten you- EZShift is an amazing automatic employee software that completely takes into consideration all your company's needs, employee positions, ranks, limitations- EVERYTHING, no kidding. It's so smart and so simple to work with.
You should visit ezshift.com to get an impression of the software.
Hope this information is still relevant!

JCF2Q

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2010
Hey guys,
I know this is a pretty old thread, but just in case it helps anybody in the future.. you can check out Fendza, it's online employee scheduling software, so not only can you use it on the computer, but also on your iPhones, iPads, etc. etc.

- James F.

Joseph7887

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
Employee Scheduling Software

Hey guys I realize this is an older thread but thought I'd chip in. I use EZShift. It's a great premium software to manage my team and my business has never run smoother. My employees feel like their opinions and preferences are voiced, and all my needs are taken care of. I think they're still giving away a month free: http://www.ezshift.com

mjmulvas

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
Employee Scheduling

Have a look at Avinet's application Air Maestro which has a comprehensive Personnel Scheduling Tool based around Roster Codes for work activities.

While the scheduling is part of an application that is suited to road, rail and air transport companies it could be licenced as a stand alone.

GHY

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2012
On Schedule has a nice drag drop interface. You can enter availability, schedule rules and employee ratings etc. There is an automated system or you can do things manually.

http://www.on-schedule.org

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Tgi Fridays use on Havnt a clue what it's called it's web based, iOS and android apps avalible. Has a ranking/hours system as well as the ability for employees to shift swap.

KathieMiles

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2013
Employee Scheduling Program

Hello,

You can try eResource Scheduler which is a good employee scheduling program. The applications offers a wide variety of features to the managers that helps them to effectively manage their resources(human as well as non human) and plan them on projects. The features includes a resource profiling module, resource planning chart, utilization and forecasting reports, time sheet management etc. To know more, kindly visit their website.

Last edited:

akilkenny

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
Hi,

Ace Schedule 5.11 - an employee scheduling Windows and Mac OS X desktop application.
www.aceschedule.com. Unlimited locations and second position have been added:

Week mode

aceschedule-for-mac.png

Day mode

aceschedule-daymode-mac.png

Thanks!

hain

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2013
Web Based Employee Scheduling Tool

If you are looking for a web based employee scheduling tool I'd recommend checking out ZoomShift. ZoomShift helps you manage request offs, shift trades and create schedules. Here are some screenshots of how you can schedule week to week.

This is a screenshot of how you can schedule week to week with the 'People' template. From this view you can assign specific shifts to people.

schedule-maker-template-people.jpg

This is a screenshot of how you can schedule week to week with the 'Week' template. From this view you can create shift blocks and add people to them. From this view you are able to see clearly who is on for each shift block and how many people are scheduled for each shift block.

schedule-maker-template-week.jpg

With ZoomShift you can also clone schedules from previous weeks.

schedule-maker-template-clone.jpg

Heres's a full write up on our schedule maker template.

I hope this helps! :)

mikekrane

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2013

You can use project time tracking software by Time Writer .They perform many different task like.This software will update you on time spent on all activity like how much time spent with per customer.You will able to know employee performance.

Ganttic

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2013
Excellent

This is really excellent. Thank you so much for sharing here. I am really glad that I came and joined here because I learned a lot.

My Last Post:
<a href="http://www.ganttic.com">Ganttic</a>

earlmike3

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
Scheduling & Tracking

ServiceProz.net is a leading web based solution that will give your growing business a competitive edge.
We provide a complete solution for the Scheduling & Tracking.

As a Scheduling & Tracking company, you have developed specialized programs to improve the Scheduling & Tracking and well being of others.

Your business work flow can be managed online, anytime; anyplace you have an internet connection. You have complete control of your service business.

simonk2l

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2013
Staff Scheduling

Hey,

We've recently switched to Davikers workforce management software. We were reluctant to switch in the first place but after suffering several software meltdowns with our previous provider we switched to Daviker and have never looked back.
Their workforce management has so many features and has literally reduced our workforce costs by around 20%. I cant recommend it highly enough.

Simon

http://www.daviker.co.uk/solutions/workforce-management/

wlange9

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2014
Employee Scheduling App

In response to the most recent reply - Schedulehead is the only employee scheduling app - that is both intelligent and has an employee star rating system:):):) It's totally free to use also, so check it out!!

Nord

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2010

mjt57

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
South Eastern Australia
Some interesting products here.

I work in the power industry (shift worker) and I'd love to be able to log in from home to check the roster to see if, say, I can take the next set of shifts off, or to see when someone's working.

Of course, whatever there is out there needs to be good enough to replace the package that we currently use. And for me to convince the powers-that-be that it needs changing to begin with.

Short of that, are there any products that are for personal use, where I can enter my roster for the year, track hours worked, hours still needed to work, etc.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.