Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seleneS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
I've got this message
"This file contains Visual Basic macros. The macros that have been dislabled."​
every time I open Excel, even just opening Excel with no file. How can I stop it? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-05 at 9.52.52 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-05 at 9.52.52 PM.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 850

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Which version of Excel are you running? If it's 2004 that message is probably due to it not support VBA. No idea if it can be turned off but upgrading to the current version that does support VBA would probably get rid of it...

seleneS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
I'm using 2011, version 14.0.2. I think it's the latest version.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Which version of Excel are you running? If it's 2004 that message is probably due to it not support VBA. No idea if it can be turned off but upgrading to the current version that does support VBA would probably get rid of it...
The OP's posted screenshot is clearly from Excel 2011. Also, Excel 2004 most definitely supports VBA.

hanguolaohu

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2007
The Solution

Found the answer on Microsoft Forums.

1. Close Excel.
2. Go to Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Startup/Excel.
3. If there are any files in the Excel folder, delete them.

Problem solved for me.

Reactions: garyfarm

Enzedder

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
VBA installation option

I've got this message
"This file contains Visual Basic macros. The macros that have been dislabled."​
every time I open Excel, even just opening Excel with no file. How can I stop it? Thanks!

I had this issue and found that the VBA Macro option hadn't been installed when Office was first set up. Run the Office setup again and choose the 'Customize' option (about 3rd dialogue window into the routine). Scroll down and look for the VBA option and select it (it should say install), make sure everything else is unticked (skipped). I think you'll find it works after that. :D

cdbeshore

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
Dymo

hanguolaohu's suggestion worked for me. Turned out that an update to Dymo Label had added something in there.

kbacon4357

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2015
Knoxville, TN
VBA installation option

I had this issue and found that the VBA Macro option hadn't been installed when Office was first set up. Run the Office setup again and choose the 'Customize' option (about 3rd dialogue window into the routine). Scroll down and look for the VBA option and select it (it should say install), make sure everything else is unticked (skipped). I think you'll find it works after that. :D
[doublepost=1458501407][/doublepost]Thank you for the tip. I had a little different problem, but this solved it. I have Office 365 with Office 2106 for MAC installed. I have been trying to run an app add-in for Excel called PhStat2. Found out is is not supported in Excel for Office 2016, so I installed just Excel 2011 via a custom install.This did not correct the issue I was having and I found your tip. When I installed Excel 2011 I did not install the VBA Option. I went back and did the custom install and select the VBA option and now my PHStat2 application is working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.