Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tapdance42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
I have what is probably a very stupid question. I recently got the Verizon iPhone and installed the Twitter app. Unfortunately for some reason, the app does not show my profile picture (I show up as the generic egg that they assign to everybody who doesn't have a photo) even though I've gone through the proper steps to choose a profile pic.

When viewing Twitter via my laptop, my real profile picture shows up just fine. Does that mean my profile pic is not visible anyone using an iPhone, or is it just me who can't see it?

Again, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Thanks!!

Tapdance42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I go to "My Profile," "Edit," "Profile Image," "Choose Existing Photo," then choose my photo and save. I get a pop-up that says changes may take some time to appear, but I've been trying this for the past few days with no luck. I also used my computer to go online and select a photo, and it's definitely showing up there, just not on my iPhone.

Surely there must be a fix for this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.