Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPod Classic Colour?

• Black

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys :),
I'm deciding on a new iPod Classic 160gb. Probably gonna purchase sometime this week, only question is the colour. I like both. So have a while to ask you guys, what are your colour preferences, and why? The black or the silver?

iLucas

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2011
Indiana
I think the silver looks better. I just like silver as a color more than black.. just personal preference though.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I think the silver looks better. I just like silver as a color more than black.. just personal preference though.

Yea i agree. Wasn't sure because my friends were all saying the black looks better. Good to know someone shares my opinion :D

If you like both, Flip a coin.
haha i totally would if it wouldn't sit on my desk. The silver i think compliments a ACD more in my opinion, nice contrast? :)

If you like a white wheel go with the silver.

When I was buying mine I went for silver just because of this.

Does the white scroll wheel ever get dirty? I will never use it with dirty hands.. but with use does it get dirty anyway? :D

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Silver definitely. More elegant, more classy.

The black looks cheap, like primer or something.

The only black iPod that looked good was the original 5G video iPod. Once they went to calling them Classics, with the aluminum face, the silver took over.

Silver is very nice, IMO. So nice, both my 160 GB Classics are silver.:)

Alistaire

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
Well In would like Silver colour which looks like an Executive Ipod . Black is very common color i would say . Silver color is more attractive than Black .

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I love the charcoal black they switched to on the 120GB and later models of the classic.

The silver is meh in my opinion.

HillaryBen

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
I prefer silver. It hides the scratches and finger prints.

STD1_F8Z234-SLV.jpg

dizzy130

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
I saw a black Classic at the Apple store today that had a deep silver scratch in it. That would keep me from getting the black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.