Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello. Hopefully my iPad 2 and Smart Cover will arrive soon. As the Smart Cover only protects the screen, I wonder if it is a good idea to get another case that can protect the back as well. Good cases in the store cost at least 1/10 the cost of the iPad 2. I am not sure if it is really worth to buy another case. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Last edited:

jmthigpen

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Charleston, SC
Hello. Hopefully my iPad 2 and Smart Cover will arrive soon. As the Smart Cover only protects the screen, I wonder if it is a good idea to get another case that can protect the back as well. Good cases in the store cost at least 1/10 the cost of the iPad 2. I am not sure if it is really worth to buy another case. Any suggestion? Thanks.

yes - it is a good idea to have a case. the smart cover is an overpriced gimmick that is cheap and offers minimal protection if any.

I bought the Roto II from http://maroo.com/

here is a demo video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvZi18yYrQ

outz

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
definitely agree with the smart cover statement... waste of money. i bought an incase ipad 2 case from best buy for under $40 - cheaper than incase's website. i would definitely get something.

Antfer

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2011
It's a matter of personal comfort.
I would never leave my iPad naked
Great cases can be had in the low twenties.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
With the Smart Cover, is it still better to get a protective film?

mirage699

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011

I did buy a Smart Cover but returned it.

I ended up with a case from STM. Ghost Armor front and back.

The Bossman

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Philly
I initially got the black leather smart cover on launch day with mine. After using it for the first week, I exchanged it straight up for the apple Bluetooth keyboard. A much better bang for my 69 bucks!

I picked up the Casecrown Bold standby for 19.99 on amazon, and love it. (uses the magnets like the smart cover for sleep mode)

Aviboy97

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Pennsylvania
After my wife dropped our iPad2 and it shattered....see pic below....I decided to invest in the Cyber Acoustics iPad2 case. For only $40 and free shipping, it was well worth it. There is a video demo of the case, and my favorite part is at the very end. I was sold instantly! BTW, I received the case 2 days ago and I have been very pleased.

http://www.cyberacoustics.com/retail/Cases-and-Covers/IC-1002BK

Attachments

• ipad 1.jpg
    ipad 1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 86

VietNam

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
Does it have sleep/wake funtion? I really like how it does not cover the bezel, i just bought ifrogz case two days ago, it is a good case too but only come in black, i would try that case if it comes in different colors.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.