Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dangka

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
The Switcheasy Canvas is hands down the best ipad 2 case I've tried. Yes, the backorder and communication are problematic. But the case is well worth the wait if you can hold out for it.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
The shipping IDs with no product is suspect.

With that said, not all businesses are run as well as you might think.

There may not be something malicious, there may be.

Anyone that is in business finds ways to streamline processes like "semi canned" emails, if you have to say the same thing over and over again - not really a big deal IMO.

I can't speak to the "In Stock" thing on the site...seems if it isn't 3-5 days expected for stock, they should reflect it someday on the site. I don't doubt they can't predict as closely as a US based company (though some premium US brands aren't any better)...they have to deal with imports, the cases are probably coming on a boat with 50000 other things built in China...It really may not be as cut and dry as you imagine it to be.

Communications are a different story and speaks to my comment above - not all co's run how you'd imagine (most don't).

With that said, Cancel your bleeping order - it's clear the company and your are "not a fit" + the case isn't that great anyway :D

I totally agree that the fact that streamlining is helpful for any business. Besides- switcheasy is using a mediocre online store (which is a bonus that it uses paypal keeping it safer for customers) but it doesnt actually send a legit receipt from their store besides the paypal email. That would have made their major streamline easier and actually answer irate customers (like me) who haven't heard anything about their orders.

For certain usage for canned responses like... "Our XXXX Is being released next friday!!!!" done. Their reason isn't used correctly to help people. I do know that they are waiting a 35 billion products from pluto after their underwater basket weavers build them all. Honestly though, there isn't any reason wherever they make their products as long they can make their customers happy by answering their emails with legit questions.

Your last comment... "cancel your bleeping order" - I am considering it how long its been without any responses at all. I thought I was pretty polite with them for answers. (besides my random emails with paragraphs that asked about sharks attacking their underwater weavers, etc... I just tried to see if maybe a unusual email getting them to respond. ;)

I know the case isnt that great probly, but I'll write a review so it makes sense after dealing with them. I'd say I'm reasonable, and I'm always patient if companies can help people with some info. :)

i ordered mine yesterday so i dont plan on getting anything soon... but better than buying any other cover.... i assure you this is not a scam they will send your cover in time
Yea... It will take a 50% amount of time until the iPad 3 comes out, right? Nice troll picture. :eek::D

so if we're in the US or Canada, buying from the "international" store won't do any good in expediting shipping??...I'd pay extra for shipping if it will ship out faster..
It is interesting though how there is a US Store, but the paypal account attached to the US store says its International that it says its not to USA. Strange.

It's just downright sad that one of the best cases for the iPad 2 is kind of impossible to get in the US.
Nothing is worth anything if its difficult to get it. Sure, and what happens if I get it, and they send me the wrong color? It breaks within 1 week.. Then, I get worried having to deal with them again. Thats a risk with poor CS buying anything. =/

The Switcheasy Canvas is hands down the best ipad 2 case I've tried. Yes, the backorder and communication are problematic. But the case is well worth the wait if you can hold out for it.

I have def. been holding out since I ordered mine half a month which took most of it even getting a decent response from them... I finally got an email from them, and here is the conversation between my last email to them:

NOTE: The subject had "Second Again" sent again since I didnt receive an answer after 2-3 days. It was just because I was tired of all the canned responses. This IS the first time they actually wrote an actual email back to me. It is interesting they have actually tacked on a woman's name "Brianna", but that doesnt matter, but it was different from the last emails.

Besides this- It is still sent from the same sezoltan@gmail.com / inquiry@switcheasy.com.

I'll give them a notch up actually sending a slightly decent response, but its not truth until I get my order shipped and actually delivered.Plus- since of course people will flame me from my email, but I'm posting the information about my situation dealing with this company is always helpful for the community on MacRumor so people could understand. Its the whole point using the forum. :)

Subject: Re: Switcheasy has sent you a package (Second Again)
Date: May 10, 2011 3:53:15 PM PDT
To: xxxxxx <xxxxxx>

Hey xxxxxxx!

We are so so so sorry for all the confusion. As you can tell, the Demand is much higher then the Supply and we're doing our best to keep everyone informed and updated... to our abilities.

We are still waiting for them also! :) We currently do not have an ETA, but we hope to have them in stock around May 13th or May 20th. Once again please note that these are estimates and not gauranteed to arrive on those dates.

Believe me, we wish we had them in Stock as much as the rest of the public. They're going way faster than we can make them.

Once again, XXXXXXXX, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Brianna
http://www.switcheasy.com (USA Website)

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:35 AM, xxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Switcheasy,

I absolutely deserve receiving a decent response from you without seeing many random worthless automated canned responses from you that have NEVER helped a single bit giving me any updates with my order.

I have EMAILED you nearly 10x since my order last month and I still havent received a professionally handled email about any order. I cannot believe you are a real business. Do you actually care about your customers? This is the most ridiculous customer service I've ever seen in my life. Its pretty obvious that you're making a few bucks and passing the buck between your inquiry@switcheasy.com to sales@inquiry@switcheasy.com and even to ""Inquiry@switcheasy.com" <sezoltan@gmail.com>"...?

All 3 of those direct emails have sent me many different confusing canned automated responses that it makes it clear that you're only confusing people to keep their orders? Send me back with a legitimate response. I have accounts on many electronic forums and I will continue posting this complete issue from these issues which will certainly not help your orders.

I will start with this- First you said...

May 3, 2011 2:03:28 AM PDT-
"We have been promised by the shipping company that our units will be
here within 4 days."

May 5, 2011 10:55:19 AM PDT-
"It will be at least 7 days before we get our next
delivery."

May 9, 2011 3:23:31 AM PDT
"Items that are temporarily out of stock will be placed on "backorder"
typically last less than 2 weeks. In rare instances, a backorder can
last 3-4 weeks."

What is the next excuse? AGAIN.... DO NOT SEND ME ANOTHER AUTOMATED CANNED RESPONSE!

xxxxxx

SunamiWang

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2011
I also ordered my canvas more than 3 weeks ago.

Its finally back in stock, hoping to receive their delivery confirmation email soon.:)

Just wait for it patiently, if not, just cancel the order and move on to something else. Don't let a purchase ruin your day(s). Although I can't find anything better than this in 50ish range.

Good luck, hope everyone receive their canvas soon !

Peace ~

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
I also ordered my canvas more than 3 weeks ago.

Its finally back in stock, hoping to receive their delivery confirmation email soon.:)

Just wait for it patiently, if not, just cancel the order and move on to something else. Don't let a purchase ruin your day(s). Although I can't find anything better than this in 50ish range.

Good luck, hope everyone receive their canvas soon !

Peace ~

This is your first post on MacRumors? My tracking # doesnt work yet...

Hi Switcheasy affiliated employee/etc likely. :p

i ordered 2 weeks ago and i just got a shipping confirmation!

Yea... yours is likely not sent, like mine until they just put it in their computer to send me something, but it hasnt been shipped yet.

Mine-
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 04, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Torin

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
I got a shipping notice about 10 min. ago with tracking #, but it hasn't been picked up for delivery by USPS yet. Will post back if/when that occurs.

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Got this today, crossing my fingers that I get something since it is back "in stock"

Popular items sell out quickly!
We currently do not have an ETA, but we hope to have them in stock
around May 13th or 20th. Please note that these dates are estimates
and not guaranteed to arrive on that date!

Only if you tell us to! As a rule, we will hold your order for arrival
of the item/s and ship it once we get the item back in stock.
Or we will cancel your back order if you don't want to wait for the
item, please let us know immediately, we will issue you a full refund.
Items that are temporarily out of stock will be placed on "backorder"
typically last less than 2 weeks. In rare instances, a backorder can
last 3-4 weeks or more.
You will receive a Shipment Confirmation e-mail as soon as your order
has shipped.
We ship either USPS First Class or Priority Mail with delivery
confirmation (depends on the weight of the products)
Non-Trackable ship method, this is the only shipping method available
on our U.S. website.
USPS Estimated Delivery Time may vary from 2-7 business days after
your order leaves our warehouse (depending on location)

We're working to get them as soon as possible, please bear with us
just a little longer.
Thank you for your patience!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards.
Switcheasy Customer Service.

jmdaniel

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
I ordered a Canvas yesterday, (for the second time), after seeing metagamers H2H review of the Canvas against the iFrogz Summit. I had cancelled my first Canvas (back)order, to go with the Summit, but after seeing the review, I think the Canvas will end up being a better choice. I got such a good deal on the Summit, ($37, + $10 shipping), that I should be able to get most of that back if/when I sell it. iFrogz shipped the Summit today, so I'll use that to cover my iPad 2 in the meantime, and can patiently wait for the Canvas. ;)

SunamiWang

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2011
This is your first post on MacRumors? My tracking # doesnt work yet...

Hi Switcheasy affiliated employee/etc likely. :p

Yea... yours is likely not sent, like mine until they just put it in their computer to send me something, but it hasnt been shipped yet.

Mine-

Hehe, they don't even have time to reply to your email, you think they will have someone here to post comments here. I am just a eager consumer hoping to get my case soon.

Don't hate, just be patience, jeeze, haha, hope we all get our cases soon.

For those who got their email confirmation, lucky you, still nothing here, damn it.

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Good stuff switcheasy...

Customer service is not that bad! Ordered mine on the 9th, and got my shipping notification after I posted that last email from them today!

Hopefully I get it by end of week. The OEM plastic cover won't hold out much longer....

I ordered a Canvas yesterday, (for the second time), after seeing metagamers H2H review of the Canvas against the iFrogz Summit. I had cancelled my first Canvas (back)order, to go with the Summit, but after seeing the review, I think the Canvas will end up being a better choice. I got such a good deal on the Summit, ($37, + $10 shipping), that I should be able to get most of that back if/when I sell it. iFrogz shipped the Summit today, so I'll use that to cover my iPad 2 in the meantime, and can patiently wait for the Canvas. ;)

I canceled my order from Vebee after watching the H2H review...didn't want to have to deal with that headache!

jmdaniel

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
I canceled my order from Vebee after watching the H2H review...didn't want to have to deal with that headache!

What headache? Metagamer was contacted by iFrogz, who are sending him a case with the magnets. Seems like he got a bad one, but at least they're shipping!

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
What headache? Metagamer was contacted by iFrogz, who are sending him a case with the magnets. Seems like he got a bad one, but at least they're shipping!

I meant deal with that whole magnet thing...not saying it would of happened, but just in case.

On that note, hopefully switcheasy shipping notification is for real!!!

BTW - vebee has the summit now in other colors for the same price....

wtiger91

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2011
ordered mine last tuesday 05/03 and got my tracking number today. One week aint so bad. Props to switcheasy.

Clusty

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006

USPS' tracking is terrible. It is usually never updated until you already have the item in your hands or at your local mail facility.

Lindalou

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
I ordered my Switcheasy yesterday prepared myself for a long wait. I didn't really care as this seems to be the best case out there so worth the wait.

I just now got a email from them advising that my case shipped today! The day after I ordered it??????

Huh? I'm thrilled but totally shocked! I was in for the long haul. Perhaps they got a huge shipment in and they are starting to fill everyone's orders!

Torin

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
Seems that my case has truly shipped out, it is currently in transit. Hurray.

L0ADING

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
ordered mine yesterday and got my tracking number this morning

xP9Sv.png

Last edited:

jmdaniel

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
USPS' tracking is terrible. It is usually never updated until you already have the item in your hands or at your local mail facility.

ITA. The USPS should be dissolved. Dinosaurs that can't keep up with the times need to become extinct.

L0ADING

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
ITA. The USPS should be dissolved. Dinosaurs that can't keep up with the times need to become extinct.

then who would deliver our standard mail? hopefully not ups then we would have to wait 10-14 buisness days for our packages :|

sandman512

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
Poor Customer Service Experience with Switcheasy

I'm starting this thread to see who has attempted to cancel their purchase for a Switcheasy case and how long it took to get your refund (PayPal). On Apr. 26th. I placed an order for a Black Switcheasy Canvas Case, which I should note the website indicated was in stock. I soon thereafter, I received the infamous backordered notice, which I was fine with being that I did not have my Ipad2 yet. As I started to receiving my shipping notices, I emailed Switcheasy several times, in which they PROMPTLY (being honest here) emailed me back. I too, received the standard replies (backorders, shipping, customs etc...) As time got closer to receiving my Ipad2, I realized that my case would NOT be here in time. So, I ordered the Toblino 2 case (very nice by the way). Once I had both items, I emailed Switcheasy asking them to cancel my order and refund my money $53.99. They replied quickly, that they would. Well, fast fwd. several days, still NO refund. Let's be real, is it really that difficult to refund a PayPal payment? Just thought I would share my story and would like to hear from others who tried to cancel and get their money refunded. THANKS!

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Yea...

My tracking # STILL doesn't load up anything.... mine still only says-

VIA Stamps.com-----
Confirm Shipment Status
Shipment Information
Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Shipped on: May 3, 2011
Shipped via: USPS Priority Mail
Confirmation

Scan History
Date Time Location Status
May 3, 2011 14:14:00 xxxxx Electronic Notification
Shipment status is updated every evening.

USPS Confirmation Service Used
Delivery Confirmation: Provides date, time and place of delivery.
Note: Status information may be provided while the package is enroute, but it is not a regular feature of the service.

:rolleyes:

VIA http://www.usps.com/ ----
Label/Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 04, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again late

Check all of yours because the tracking information is different with the same tracking number. :confused:

Kymakersmark

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Yea...

My tracking # STILL doesn't load up anything.... mine still only says-

VIA Stamps.com-----

:rolleyes:

VIA http://www.usps.com/ ----

Check all of yours because the tracking information is different with the same tracking number. :confused:

Don't go off stamps.com but rather USPS.com. Yes mine has indeed shipped an in transit. Maybe you should have been nicer, lol. I'm only joking, I'm sure your shipment will leave tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.