Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Haha. I thought I was pretty polite talking to them but it was pretty much pulling teeth getting my tracking # and any info. :(

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
I emailed switcheasy and asked to cancel my order. It wasn't worth my time for me following up my own order so many times for them to response. I definitely won't order from them again from it. Plus, I even opened a dispute on paypal which seemed easier than waiting days/weeks for them to refund me. Clearly- My order hadn't been shipped yet.

On top, I notice this other thread how someone's switcheasy canvas shell was cracking and breaking and I didn't feel like talking to them again for a replacement if it could take weeks again...

(https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1151781/)

MR'ers-

Good luck for you all receiving your orders too. Meanwhile I'm deciding a better option for my ipad case. :)

Kymakersmark

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
I emailed switcheasy and asked to cancel my order. It wasn't worth my time for me following up my own order so many times for them to response. I definitely won't order from them again from it. Plus, I even opened a dispute on paypal which seemed easier than waiting days/weeks for them to refund me. Clearly- My order hadn't been shipped yet.

MR'ers-

Good luck for you all receiving your orders too. Meanwhile I'm deciding a better option for my ipad case. :)

want some cheese with that whine??? Bahahahahaha :p:D:p:D:p

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
LOL. I should head to the kitchen having some wine and cheese after emailing with switcheasy getting responses. :D

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I'm starting this thread to see who has attempted to cancel their purchase for a Switcheasy case and how long it took to get your refund (PayPal). On Apr. 26th. I placed an order for a Black Switcheasy Canvas Case, which I should note the website indicated was in stock. I soon thereafter, I received the infamous backordered notice, which I was fine with being that I did not have my Ipad2 yet. As I started to receiving my shipping notices, I emailed Switcheasy several times, in which they PROMPTLY (being honest here) emailed me back. I too, received the standard replies (backorders, shipping, customs etc...) As time got closer to receiving my Ipad2, I realized that my case would NOT be here in time. So, I ordered the Toblino 2 case (very nice by the way). Once I had both items, I emailed Switcheasy asking them to cancel my order and refund my money $53.99. They replied quickly, that they would. Well, fast fwd. several days, still NO refund. Let's be real, is it really that difficult to refund a PayPal payment? Just thought I would share my story and would like to hear from others who tried to cancel and get their money refunded. THANKS!

This isn't a poor customer service experience. They have dealt with your matter in a fair and reasonable way. It can take several days to a fortnight to receive a refund through PayPal, I know this because I have refunded someone something through PayPal before.

TheUndertow

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
I think those crazy emails are working against you :D

They're not taking you seriously (fan the fire)

Why so serious?

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
I think certain behaviors gets rewarded appropriately. I also think some people feel entitled to getting their wants and needs immediately filled.

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I got mine today and I ordered on Monday from the US site! Thanks switcheasy! Keep in mind i'm in Southern Cal and they ship from Tracy CA

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Wow.... So now SwitchEasy is divulging personal data?!

Clearly- my last post is only a few above this post that I emailed SwitchEasy to cancel my order and refund me. I was totally sick dealing with their poor customer service.

I thought I made it pretty easy for them since they DID respond from my cancellation email-

SwitchEasy SENT me someone elses name, address, and a DIFFERENT Tracking Number for someone else!!!!!

Would anyone else be pissed having their own Home Address and their personal info at all and all that? Look at their email. I am not dishonest and I have xxxx'd out all the personal info and I only left the State it was going to be shipped to.

Notice they have sent another one of their canned responses... It was supposed to save them time, but it caused them sending me a bunch random crap that is about the whole other customer.. :confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Subject: Re: Switcheasy has sent you a package (Second Again)
Date: May 13, 2011 6:06:32 AM PDT
To: xxxxxx <xxxxx@xxxxxxx>

Dear XXXXXX,

Sorry for the late reply. New shipment of Canvas finally arrived. Our
warehouse sort through the product and to prepare its inventory. Rest
assure, your order should be ready and will ship out shortly.
If you do not wish to wait any longer, we completely understand if you
request a refund, you can let us know what it is you would like to do.

Here's your package info:
Delivery Address:
XXX XX
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx
XXXXXX, MN xxxxxxx-xxxx

Shipment Date: April 25, 2011
Mail Class: Priority Mail
Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To check on your shipment, go to the USPS website here:
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

We ship USPS First Class or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation
(Non-Trackable ship method)
Delivery Confirmation simply notifies you when a package has been
delivered or when a delivery attempt was made.
It does not provide tracking of the item en-route or acceptance scans.
There will often be no update on the status until the package is
physically delivered to you.

Get current event information or updates for your item sent to you by
email, click here:
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm?from=home_header&page=trackandconfirm

USPS Estimated Delivery Time may vary from 2 to 7 business days once
shipped (depending on location) .
Please note that Switcheasy rely on the U.S. Post Office to deliver in
a timely manner, and cannot be responsible for the timeframe it takes
for them to deliver packages. There may be delays, especially during
the holiday seasons due to the increase in package deliveries.

If you don't receive the package after 7-10 BUSINESS days, you must
first contact your local post office and ask if they have additional
information about the package's location, they will assist you in
locating your package. Have your delivery confirmation number handy.

Thank you,
Switcheasy Customer Service.

http://www.switcheasy.com (USA Website)

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:13 PM, xxxxxx <xxxxx@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Switcheasy,

I think I have waited enough and I would like to cancel my order with you. My paypal transaction is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to make the cancellation easier for you.

Thanks.

On May 11, 2011, at 2:12 PM, Inquiry@switcheasy.com wrote:

They came in today! We are currently working on packaging the orders.
All order should ship out asap.

Thanks

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:08 PM, xxxxxx <xxxxx@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Switcheasy / Brianna,
I have noticed that the Black Canvas's are in stock.. My tracking # still
doesnt work though, but I only assume that they had been shipped by now? Any
info about this?
Thanks.

On May 10, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Inquiry@switcheasy.com wrote:

Hey xxxxxx!

We are so so so sorry for all the confusion. As you can tell, the Demand is
much higher then the Supply and we're doing our best to keep everyone
informed and updated... to our abilities.

We are still waiting for them also! :) We currently do not have an ETA,
but we hope to have them in stock around May 13th or May 20th. Once again
please note that these are estimates and not gauranteed to arrive on those
dates.

Believe me, we wish we had them in Stock as much as the rest of the public.
They're going way faster than we can make them.

Once again, xxxxx, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused
and we thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Brianna

OK.... I DO NOT live in Minnesota!! I live on the West Coast!!

What is next?! Now am I going to have to email them 3500 times getting my money back? Luckily I already opened the dispute on paypal with SwitchEasy, but it will just make it take more time getting my money back!!

I will say this AGAIN like my title of this thread... WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

I will only assume that SwitchEasy probably sent my home address, my tracking numbers to someone else since they are so unorganized than any company I've ever seen!

Friends on MacRumors! Just be careful ordering ANYTHING from SwitchEasy. Luckily for all of us that we ordered from Paypal so they can't charge our credit cards, but divulging a bunch personal data to other people. I am pretty frustrated at this point now. :mad:

I already called it before.... I'd NEVER order from this company again!

Torin

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
Aside from accidentally sending you someone's else's tracking info, I do find it comical that you waited over 2 weeks for stock to come in, and the day it comes in, after they notify you that it came in, you just cancel your order?

Edit: I also got my Canvas today. :p

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Aside from accidentally sending you someone's else's tracking info, I do find it comical that you waited over 2 weeks for stock to come in, and the day it comes in, after they notify you that it came in, you just cancel your order?

Edit: I also got my Canvas today. :p

Yea.. Seriously... They're not very careful sending people personal data... Its pretty sketchy. =/

I'm really glad that you received your case though. Yea, I just noticed that the shipping was from April 25th!! That is real old and they still sent me all that.

I'm calling that this will be a headache having them to refund me. Obviously, I needed to dispute it on paypal before the 45 day minimum for it. :)

sandman512

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
This isn't a poor customer service experience. They have dealt with your matter in a fair and reasonable way. It can take several days to a fortnight to receive a refund through PayPal, I know this because I have refunded someone something through PayPal before.

Well, I respectfully disagree with you. Yes, they canceled my order, as they should. But as far as refunding my money, I fail to see WHAT takes so long to refund a Paypal payment. I too, have refunded paypal payments and if I recall, just click a button or tow and the process is on it's way. The emails they send me in regards to the cancellation are pathetic. So, I opened a paypal dispute and see what happens from there. Once again, this MY experience with their customer service. Pitiful.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
^^^ I agree.

Yea... I had to repeat myself emailing them after responding their still auto-canned responses. Ugh. I feel like they copy/paste whole paragraphs into their emails and they throw in a few sentences for parts that could be important.

Their emails are too vague to provide anything helpful. :confused:

Lets see if I actually get a refund. Plus- I did open a dispute on paypal too like you.

Last edited:

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Theyre beyond the worst customer service from ANY company that I've ever spoken VIA email that they cannot respond their emails with a legit response without an automated canned response that includes them accidentally divulging other customers personal data... Thats a shame on top of their unprofessional style contrary to that I would have expected after they receiving payments from anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

patp

Apr 10, 2008
the real damage here was the sloppy emailing of another customers info. Other than that, the OP could have waited a few more days (one more) and finished this deal.

I've had some weird communications with Switcheasy too. So I wouldn't put the blame solely on the OP. But I absolutely agree that the wrong customer info is just plain unprofessional and should never have happened.

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
OP, you're one of those dudes I want to just say "would you please shut the heck up about it and get over yourself" , but I keep coming back for more...however, I bet you're a trip to party with,lol

Go ahead with the cancel, your order obviously got caught in the twighlight zone somewhere, then order fresh and get one in a few days...you're gonna like it man, honestly.

I ordered my second one the 11 th and got shipping notice today(13th) ...get ya one.

Kymakersmark

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Overspun,

It really is a great case and you have had the same luck as I have but I waited and although I was frustrated I understood that their emails were not canned but were pleading for customers to bear with them until they received more from their manufacturer.

After receiving mine I am glad I waited. Best case on the market by far from what I have seen. Of course that is my opinion.

On a side note, looks like they fixed the tight clasp issue. :D

Mannyboii

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2011
Switcheasy

My switcheasy case finally arrived today after waiting nearly three weeks for it. I'm happy it finally came in it's super cool I love the look defiantly worth the wait. Unfortunately I didn't know it was on the way in and ordered the otterbox case this morning and tried to cancel my canvas order. So I now have to wait till the otterbox case comes in and send it back because it's to late to get a refund once it's been processed. So I think I'm going to keep the canvas case because I like it so much. Plus I can use that extra 90 bucks for something else.

sandman512

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011

Just want to add, received this email this morning:

SwitchEasy refunded your PayPal payment on April 10th. There is a
Temporary Hold placed on your credit, please contact PayPal for more
information. Normally PayPal will not hold credits, so there maybe
something wrong with your account information. We cannot access your
account information.

Sincerely,
SwitchEasy USA CustomerServiceTeam

Funny, I ordered the case on Apr. 26th. Pathetic CS.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011

account information.

Sincerely,

This in my opinion now becomes a terrible customer experience. The sad thing is before Switcheasy was a big as it is today their customer service was fantastic and left me satisfied everytime. Switcheasy is now on the "don't buy from" list for me and I'm sure many others.

If this was my situation I would consider suing Switcheasy in a small claims court, not because of the money but there is morals at stake.

melvel

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
I also recieved funny emails from their CS. First, I got a message saying that they have to cancel my order since they don't ship internationally from the US store. Huh? My shipping address is in the US!

The following day I got two messages confirming that my order has shipped.

They really need to improve their CS a lot!

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
Got my case yesterday and although i had to wait 2 weeks it most definitely was worth the wait. Its an excellent case.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
the real damage here was the sloppy emailing of another customers info. Other than that, the OP could have waited a few more days (one more) and finished this deal.

I've had some weird communications with Switcheasy too. So I wouldn't put the blame solely on the OP. But I absolutely agree that the wrong customer info is just plain unprofessional and should never have happened.

I did wait ~3-4 days without hearing anything since I ordered for it saying "In Stock!" so, I only followed up until the issue got worse after their responses. Certainly, the biggest issue is the personal data. Who knows if they sent mine to someone else too?

OP, you're one of those dudes I want to just say "would you please shut the heck up about it and get over yourself" , but I keep coming back for more...however, I bet you're a trip to party with,lol

Go ahead with the cancel, your order obviously got caught in the twighlight zone somewhere, then order fresh and get one in a few days...you're gonna like it man, honestly.

I ordered my second one the 11 th and got shipping notice today(13th) ...get ya one.

ROFL. I only posted it as a review if others were having issues with them. It seems that many people were frustrated too. Theres always greener grass threads, but I wouldn't want other people getting frustrated too. :) Lets have a party with our iPads. :D haha.

I've been trying to cancel my order with them and I still get the same vague responses.. "You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase within a few days. " LOL... same form of payment?

I didn't know there was another way beside Paypal. It takes like 36 seconds refunding on paypal. It seems it'll be difficult canceling if I wanted to re-order for another case. One of my friends bought the Canvas and he liked it but perhaps my luck isn't good enough. I mean... you ordered yours on the 11th, and 2 days after it was delivered... I'm pretty impressed. :) My order is almost 20 days old without any shipping updates on my tracking number. :mad:

Your thread made me laugh though. haha. *thumb up* :)

Overspun,

It really is a great case and you have had the same luck as I have but I waited and although I was frustrated I understood that their emails were not canned but were pleading for customers to bear with them until they received more from their manufacturer.

After receiving mine I am glad I waited. Best case on the market by far from what I have seen. Of course that is my opinion.

On a side note, looks like they fixed the tight clasp issue. :D
I'm glad yours showed up, but after wasting time emailing with them to receive a bunch copy/pasted responses (still) and I have been trying hard to get my money back from them. I still agree with you to somewhat that it looked to be a good case keeping the back safe, but its just been too much of a headache from them. They need to hire some employees to handle their emails and work on their CS. I've ordered a lot from little companies and they've been very quick and happy helping people fast. I appreciate your post. Thanks!

My switcheasy case finally arrived today after waiting nearly three weeks for it. I'm happy it finally came in it's super cool I love the look defiantly worth the wait. Unfortunately I didn't know it was on the way in and ordered the otterbox case this morning and tried to cancel my canvas order. So I now have to wait till the otterbox case comes in and send it back because it's to late to get a refund once it's been processed. So I think I'm going to keep the canvas case because I like it so much. Plus I can use that extra 90 bucks for something else.

Thats great! I had a Otterbox Defender on my iPad 1 last year and it was awesome. Plus- OtterBox has the most amazing customer service after ordering accessories for my ipad/iphone & any of my mac stuff. :) OtterBox will certainly accept the case you ordered back. Last year, my order was accidentally returned back to OtterBox and they offered to offer paying the shipping back to me. :D

account information.

Sincerely,

"We cannot access your account information." .... Thats pretty sketchy sounding there... It almost sounds like... "Sir, we could not charge your credit card... could you give us a different card?" That whole response from them sounds like another automated canned response from them that doesnt make sense at all.

I've been planning for my case ideas if you haven't figured yet. The apple smart cover + any of the back shell cases with it would likely be the lightest setup. :)

This in my opinion now becomes a terrible customer experience. The sad thing is before Switcheasy was a big as it is today their customer service was fantastic and left me satisfied everytime. Switcheasy is now on the "don't buy from" list for me and I'm sure many others.

If this was my situation I would consider suing Switcheasy in a small claims court, not because of the money but there is morals at stake.

I agree with you. I wouldn't EVER recommend ordering anything from them which is only about their SEVERE poor customer service. Besides- putting switcheasy into small claims would waste more of my time, haha. Its only $50 anyway.

I also recieved funny emails from their CS. First, I got a message saying that they have to cancel my order since they don't ship internationally from the US store. Huh? My shipping address is in the US!

The following day I got two messages confirming that my order has shipped.

They really need to improve their CS a lot!

WTF?? Thats ridiculous for them to cancel your order since youre in US that you said. haha. I wish that happened to my order being canceled how hard its been getting a refund on my order. :(

Got my case yesterday and although i had to wait 2 weeks it most definitely was worth the wait. Its an excellent case.

I feel like I did their own work following up my own order after 3 weeks how they still have been shipping cases all this week and other people got theirs... I got sick of it. It'll probably take weeks to get a refund from them.

Anyone Want to see the cancelation email from them??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.