Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrR917

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
360 controller wont work

So i just got my 360 wireless adapter for my mac. Installed tatts driver version .08 for mac. I open it up in my preference pane and doesn't show that my adapter is there and connecting to my controller, have tried multiple things such as installing older versions. I know that my computer sees my adapter because it shows up on my usb inside my mac with all its information. on 64-bit need some help.

appleater

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
I'm having a similar issue to the poster above except with AC2 Deluxe Edition.

I've downloaded the driver from tattiebogle.net and it works fine with my steam games. I ended up downloading the trial of the gamepad companion to map the keys and it seems to work fine but it doesn't work at all when I open up Assassin's Creed 2.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the 360 Controller to work with AC2 on my Mac?

I'm running snow leopard.

Having the same issue, downloaded the driver which works fine in system preferences. I load up Assassins Creed 1 and in the controller options menu it detects the controller, but when I go into the game none of the buttons work. Did you have any luck getting this working? I don't think you need game companion for Assassins Creed because the game is designed to work with the Xbox 360 controller, I'm pretty sure gamepad companion is for the computer to interpret your gamepad as a keyboard and mouse for games that do not support gamepads. It seems like a decent alternative at this point, but hopefully there will be some kind of fix in the driver for Assassins Creed.

zeugmatis

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2011
Onlive mac madcatz gamepad working

Hi, quick note for googlers - I went to Target today and bought one of those madcatz WIRED xbox controllers. Two macbooks running 10.6.7 snow leopard. Although the driver download here did not work, when I started Onlive it suddenly lit up and works fine.

No driver required - at least with Onlive, it worked out of the box... onlive must have its own drivers or something.

Anyway that's what I bought it for, so happy enough here.

cirinzo

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2011
im just starting to play with my mac. i already bootcamped my mac to windows xp, can the xbox controller work on bootcamped win XP?
thank you.

xCoNs

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2011
My controller doesn't work

I downloaded both the Game Pad and controller programs, and I'm using the special edition MW2 wired controller. It doesn't seem to be reading the controller even thought it shows up that it is powered up.

Is my controller a bust or can I fix it? :confused:

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Has anyone got this to work with a wireless receiver recently? I've just got my receiver, and I can't get the pad to connect to it! I've tried it on my current MBP and an old G4 mini running 1.5.8 and I"m getting nowhere.
Any suggestions?

jacksonbloggg

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I'm trying to get this to work with my Madcatz xbox controller and i've downloaded Pref360control but it doesn't detect any devices are plugged in. Can anyone help?
I'm running it on mac snow leopard btw.

i can't seem to get my Madcatz xbox360 controller to work with this, its the only one i have thats wired. The light flashes when i first plug it in but then it says no devices found. anyone know how to fix this? i see its a reoccurring problem with some people

This is the exact same problem i have, can anyone help??

Last edited by a moderator:

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2010
Does this mean I can buy cod for $45 and use it with an xbox controller?

And can I play xbox live with other xbox users??

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Does this mean I can buy cod for $45 and use it with an xbox controller?

Depends if the game supports gamepads I don't think the COD4 on the Mac does support gamepads but you can always email the Mac developer and ask if they support gamepads in COD that is the easiest way of finding out for sure.

And can I play xbox live with other xbox users??

No, XBox Live! is only for Xbox 360 players, PC, Mac and Playstation users cannot play against 360 players.

geoshir

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2011
xbox 360 controller

i need help on how my xbox 360 wireless controller.it wont work on my windows 7 ultimate parallel desktop for fifa 11.it works alright with the mac os but when i move to the windows os with parallel desktop,it won't work with fifa 11 game.

any ideas will be appreciated.

creativdevelope

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
I'm trying to get this to work with my Madcatz xbox controller and i've downloaded Pref360control but it doesn't detect any devices are plugged in. Can anyone help?
I'm running it on mac snow leopard btw.

This is the exact same problem i have, can anyone help??

I've modified the driver to fix these problems. Grab the modded version at http://www.creativdeveloper.com/?p=103

Tested on my madcatz and hori pads, and my hori stick. I also included a setting that lets the RT and LT buttons on the madcatz and the stick function as digital buttons (linked to back and start buttons)

Source code and uninstall script also available on the site. Please support Colin, by the way!

ivanhoe888

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Hi all, first post!
I have a 360 controller left over from my old PC, downloaded Mac drivers from download.com but, like others here, nothing happens :( the pad doesn't light up, so I don't think it's the game (AC Brotherhood)
Are there better drivers out there? or is there another gamepad you can recommend?

Thanks,

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi all, first post!
I have a 360 controller left over from my old PC, downloaded Mac drivers from download.com but, like others here, nothing happens :( the pad doesn't light up, so I don't think it's the game (AC Brotherhood)
Are there better drivers out there? or is there another gamepad you can recommend?

Thanks,

1. Check if the game supports gamepads on the Mac, best to verify if it supports pads before you spend time installing various drivers.
  2. Download the latest drivers (v0.10) from the guy who writes the drivers
  3. Logitech RumblePad 2 is a well supported pad if you want an alternative

Edwin

ivanhoe888

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
  1. Check if the game supports gamepads on the Mac, best to verify if it supports pads before you spend time installing various drivers.
  2. Download the latest drivers (v0.10) from the guy who writes the drivers
  3. Logitech RumblePad 2 is a well supported pad if you want an alternative

Edwin

Thanks. When I installed the game, it was automatically configured for a gamepad. I thought that meant a pad would work on a mac, as well.

Incidentally, has anyone had success using the original Mac keyboard for playing (if indeed I cannot use a pad)?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Can we use the 360 controller for emulators, etc.?

If the application supports gamepads and you install the drivers it should work fine. As with all these things trhe best thing to do is contact the people who make the product and ask their support team.

I don't know if it will work with AC but I am sure the support team can answer if the Manual or Read Me does not.

Edwin

ivanhoe888

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Well, I got the X360 controller to work! (at least, it lights up)... unfortunately...doesn't seem to work with AC Brotherhood...bummer :(

cahira

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011
Hi

I can't get this to work :( I've installed the latest version of Tattiebogle's driver. No devices found.

00000307.png

-I tried using the Xbox HID Driver. Same result, no devices found.

-I tried following these instructions: http://www.creativdeveloper.com/?p=103

-I followed these instructions on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdV7WfC-mIk

-I'm using my Xbox 360 wired controller that came with my Xbox 360.

-I have a Macbook using Snow Leopard, and OS 10.6.8.

-I plug in the controller, and I get a message that says:

00000308.png

Do I need a wireless receiver? I read somewhere that the controller I had worked fine without one.

-The green light comes on in the controller when I plug it in. I tried pressing the Xbox sync button, and it just flashes green for a little bit then stops flashing.

Does the driver just need to be updated? I don't understand why this won't work, and neither will any of the fixes.

Is there anything else I can try?

Last edited:

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
You can't use the wireless controller with the play and charge kit. That's why you get that message. It only works as a charging cable with a PC or Mac. I think there is a wireless receiver sold for Windows so it can be used with a PC but I don't know if it will work with a Mac. The alternative is to use a standard wired Xbox 360 controller.

thetrystero

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
how to map map trigger buttons to single key?

how do i get rt and lt mapped to single key? i'm trying to use the controller with fifa 11 mac. all the buttons are mapped ok using gamepad companion, except for rt and lt. the lt is set to z-axis element, and the rt is set as z-rotation element in gamepad companion, which do not allow single click mappings.

cahira

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011
You can't use the wireless controller with the play and charge kit. That's why you get that message. It only works as a charging cable with a PC or Mac. I think there is a wireless receiver sold for Windows so it can be used with a PC but I don't know if it will work with a Mac. The alternative is to use a standard wired Xbox 360 controller.

thanks for your help!

cahira

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011

sigh ok...i just bought a mad catz 360 WIRED controller from target. still not getting anywhere with the driver or getting the mac to recognize the device :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.