Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
For my money the best Full Coverage Polycarbonate Snap/Shell Case for the iPad 2.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/NUDE_iPad2/NUDE_iPad2.php

For $30+ you get...

Case
Screen Protector
2 Folding Stands
2 Sets of Port Covers
Microfiber Cloth

... you also get a squeegee card but that's a one and done sort of thing.

Too late to post pics, I'll get to that tomorrow.

WalkingSnake

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
Awesome timing, I was just looking at this case. I think I'd like it with a good screen protector, since I don't have much interest in the smart cover.

However, part of me is also afraid of the screen being exposed so I may just bite the bullet and go for a cover buddy with a smart case.

I LOVE the little stands that come with the Nude though... they may not be for everyone, but they seem perfect for me.

Anyone have this case? Do you miss not having anything over the screen?

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
I love SwitchEasy but I'm really disappointed in the NUDE for the iPad 1.

The iPad 1 nude was the king of suckfest. I'd never buy a nude. I wouldn't even take a free one.

The coverbuddy is nice. They did a great job and it doesn't get all jacked up.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
I love SwitchEasy but I'm really disappointed in the NUDE for the iPad 1.

The iPad 1 nude was the king of suckfest. I'd never buy a nude. I wouldn't even take a free one.

The coverbuddy is nice. They did a great job and it doesn't get all jacked up.

This version is a vast improvement from the first.

Why I like this over the CoverBuddy is that it has complete coverage on all four sides of the the iPad 2. And yes it is not Smart Cover Friendly but for those who do not use a Smart Cover, this is the best Snap/Shell case out there.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Thanks SwitchEasy, for not including any of these goodies in the Coverbuddy.

Seriously, what gives?!

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010

Seriously, what gives?!

Well the CoverBuddy has full coverage of all 4 sides, if you use a Smart Cover along with it. Without the Smart Cover you have one side exposed.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley

Seriously, what gives?!
Well, the thinking is that you probably won't need a screen shield with the Cover Buddy, because if you have a Cover Buddy, then it's likely that you'll also have a Smart Cover too. :D

So basically, the Nude is a Cover Buddy, with the Smart Cover space, filled in.
Because it lies flush with the glass of the iPad 2, there's no 'lay-on-the-table' design, so the screen shields are necessary.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Well, the thinking is that you probably won't need a screen shield with the Cover Buddy, because if you have a Cover Buddy, then it's likely that you'll also have a Smart Cover too. :D

So basically, the Nude is a Cover Buddy, with the Smart Cover space, filled in.
Because it lies flush with the glass of the iPad 2, there's no 'lay-on-the-table' design, so the screen shields are necessary.

Just curious, why would anyone lay an Ipad on a table,
or any surface for that matter, screen down?

Sebwil

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
anyone who has one already and who wants to give short review? Which color did you order? Do you like it? I'm considering the ultraclear or ultrablack one...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.