Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I don't know the first thing about spray painting, but was wondering if this might be possible. I'm sure others have thought about this, but could not find it being discussed anywhere on the web. I would assume if it could be done to look nice, it would take the right kind of spray paint, several coats, and some patience.

I figure the gray smart cover would be the best choice as a base, but other than than I would not know where to begin. Anyone have any more info or have seen this being discussed elsewhere?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I don't know the first thing about spray painting, but was wondering if this might be possible. I'm sure others have thought about this, but could not find it being discussed anywhere on the web. I would assume if it could be done to look nice, it would take the right kind of spray paint, several coats, and some patience.

I figure the gray smart cover would be the best choice as a base, but other than than I would not know where to begin. Anyone have any more info or have seen this being discussed elsewhere?

You can sand, prime, sand, paint, sand and paint multiple time and you'll still get cracking and pealing.

You'd have better luck taking a tan leather Smart Cover and using stain, but even that gives you limited options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.