Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caitpre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2011
I've been sorting through the many helpful reviews on this site and was looking for more opinions about which case is best to cover the back of the iPad that works with the Smart Cover?

I've heard good reviews about the Enki Genius Case, the Belkin Snap Shield and the Incipio Smart Feather.. but I can't decide which case to get. I would love to hear any recommendations. Thank you.

gmaines

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
Riverside, Ca
I have a black leather smart cover. I use a switcheasy coverbuddy. Love it. I also have the switcheasy canvas for when I travel and want a wee bit more protection. To me it was worth the investment and they both look great.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
belkin snap shield for 2 reasons:

1. One of the few one out there's that's transparant (clear or smoke) and at the same time a matte finish, which is not as slippery as other transparant shells
2. Full coverage (at least the one I got from Target). Maximum protection around where the smart cover connects. A lot of other shells out there leaves way too much space where the smart cover attaches

wackoip

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Tucano Magico for iPad 2

I've posted this before. It features full coverage to the edges apart from ports and switches/buttons and a magnetic strip on the back to hold the smart cover when it's completely flipped back.

The magnet is strong enough to hold the smart cover steadily and will NOT affect the sleep function.

Downside is only blue and black color. I'm waiting patiently for other colors

Link:http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDMA-Z

jxr0124

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
I have a black leather smart cover. I use a switcheasy coverbuddy. Love it. I also have the switcheasy canvas for when I travel and want a wee bit more protection. To me it was worth the investment and they both look great.

I agree, the Switheasy Coverbuddy is by far the best one I have used or tested. The Belkin and Switcheasy are both good but I prefer the Switheasy due to the better quality, cheaper price, and better variety of colors.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Yet another worthless thread started for what reason?

Laziness.

The answer is readily available on the forum already.

OP is too lazy to take the time to sift through the threads on the subject and make a decision.

Sad.

zoman504

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010

Laziness.

OP is too lazy to take the time to sift through the threads on the subject and make a decision.

Sad.

You coming in here merely to make this comment = sad. Get a life.

caitpre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2011
I did search and do my research here and elsewhere, but I wanted opinions on those three shells against each other. You didn't have to click the link to get into this thread, but you decided to waste your time by being a bully.

Thank you to everyone else who has really helped me. I am a college student and having already dropped $500 on an ipad and $70 on a smart cover, I want to make sure that the extra $30 is dropped on a quality product that will protect my ipad. And this is the best place to get recommendations!

ToutSuite

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
No man, I'm tired of newbies not searching, doing one bit of research before cluttering up the forum with duplicate threads, glad you had time to stop by!

Get some rest, come back tomorrow less tired. We'll all have a better time.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale

Laziness.

Sad.

sorry...the man has a point...just look thru the 1st three pages or so here....

lucyna

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
I think newbies also have the right to begin a new thread, there are different problems to different people, althought the topic are almost the same.

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
I've posted this before. It features full coverage to the edges apart from ports and switches/buttons and a magnetic strip on the back to hold the smart cover when it's completely flipped back.

The magnet is strong enough to hold the smart cover steadily and will NOT affect the sleep function.

Downside is only blue and black color. I'm waiting patiently for other colors

Link:http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDMA-Z
Can you post some pictures of this case. The ones on their site are not very good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.